Morgana, The most OP champ in LoL

1234511 ... 16
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alphacide

10-07-2010

Now, before you go read ahead - This isn't a noob rant. Ive been playing this game before it was released and have over 1000 games played. This is simply giving you information on why a champion needs nerfed, and how she is better than nearly every other champion in the game.

Lets start with her passive, soul siphon - Morgana is healed for 15/25/35% of any magic damage she deals.

Wow, talk about a laning passive. There are other passives like this, nasus gains 10/15/20% lifesteal. But he has to go in melee range in his lane to use this, and with any harass will lose more life than he steals. Morgana can sit behind the range of any champion (the range on her dark binding is around 1200, making it longer range than even twitch's ultimate) and heal up in saftey. Her passive is easily better than nasus's, xin's, garen's. The only healing passive possibly matching it being warwicks, and again he has to go into enemy harrassing range to use it.

Back to the topic of dark binding-, this is morgana's 3 second snare with around 1200 range. She can safely cast in in the middle of a teamfight without worrying about going into harms way. It has 300 base damage, and a 0.9 AP ratio (thats nearly double annie's distintegrate, with a 3 second snare added) This goes to top 10 best nukes in the game, with a scaling only .1 under veigars ultimate; primordial burst. Imagine primordial burst from ezreals mystic shot range with a 3 second snare.

Tormented soil - This is the aoe farming ability, it also reduces every enemy it hit's magic reist 8/tick. It deals 85+/.2 damage (425+1.0 over the duration). yeah, over its duration it does 75% of the damage of crowstorm, and reduces enemy mr. Also its only a 10 second coolodown (without cdr). Add this to morgana's passive for permanant laning.

Black Shield - This is the ability most seen as OP, it has a 1.0 scaling +300 absorption. Additionaly, while active morgana is immune to croud control. Lets compare this to udyrs turtle shield

Turtle Shield - 220+.5 , 6 second cooldown
Black Shield 300+1.0, 17 cd cooldown, crowdcontrol immune, can be cast on ally
-If your spamming both shields, udyrs will give you about 35% more damage reduction, for 35% more mana. But morgana's shield can be cast on allies, AND creates cc immunity. I think morgana's black shield wins out here.

Now her ultimate, soul shackles - 2.5 second aoe stun, dealing 350+350+1.0*2 damage. If it hits twice, thats 700+2.0 damage. This is the most powerful spell in the entire game, while amumu can also aoe stun for 2.5 seconds, he cant deal nearly 2,000 damage to 5 people with it endgame (10,000). This spell is really overpowered, its basicly amumu's ultimate with a built in crowstorm.

Base stats, 403+86hp. Thats ALOT of base hp. Look at Veigar, 355+82, annie 348+76. Morgana has the highest base hp of ANY caster. Hell, she has more hp than GALIO, and at 18 she has more hp than even MALPHITE (<-- tank). She also has the highest base armor of any caster, at 15+3.8. And is tied with annie and veigar at 30 mr.

She also has the lowest mana costs of any primary caster, her spells only being 120, 150,50,200[520] (annie is 120,160,50,250[580]) (veigar is 75, 140, 140, 250[680])

tl;dr - Morgana has the best laning passive in the game, her dark binding has the highest range, damage, and snare of any low cd nuke in the game, her dark soil is only slightly worse than crowstorm in terms of damage and reduces MR. She has the best spellshield in the game, and her ultimate is the highest damage aoe stun in the game. Additionaly she has the highest base hp, and armor of any caster. Her base hp being better than some tanks. Lastly, she has the lowest mana costs of any caster.

Do I think she needs a nerf? Yeah I do. She could easily be the best champion in the game right now. Garen needs to step aside

Hanni

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

ITT: Random dude describing Morgana's skills. Because they are effective, in other words, they do their job, Morgana's OP.

PS: His tl;dr is just plain wrong.

Rhynocerous

10-07-2010

Want to chase down anyone with a Morganna nearby? I hope you can do 600 damage to her before you use your CC ability.

What to use your single target ultimate? Nah, not with Morganna nearby.

Atleast I never ever have to play against her because she's banned every game.

sage the maokai

10-07-2010

I agree !
I'm tired of her base HP and how she's is almost impossible to catch.

DrPoonjisum

10-07-2010

She probably needs to be toned down slightly.

Tipzntrix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

The only reason there isn't more QQ about Morgana is because there are 4 bans in ranked matches.

I too believe Morgana is OP, and there have been threads about it and I've given my opinion and potential changes.

Aircross

10-07-2010

I don't find Morgana OP. Good teams break the shield before they CC her.

Brees

10-07-2010

nah bro, a normal ability cancelling out all single target ultimates is balanced brah. the damage of a nuke caster and the utility/cc of a support is also balanced.

good thing i dont care since I ban her every game immediately

Klaphat

10-07-2010

morgana only have 1 really gamebreaking spell, and that is black shield... since it can be cast on allies and provide spell block (as per banshees veil)

this is really powerful when cast on a tank in a teamfight and also allow stupid survivals because it negates all damage from a large portion of the championpool

however, the rest of morgana is really fine as it is, and i believe that if the shield got nerfed to scaling of 0.8 instead of 1 for each AP it would help alot

also i like your point of galio needing more base HP, since he is a tank and morgana is "just" a mage

Lotus Guardian

10-07-2010

Morgana is not op, she's just the world greatest counterpick

1234511 ... 16