Filling out top lane champs!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shadogi

11-17-2012

I've now got several champs for each role and can play them pretty well, so it's time to fill out the weaknesses in each role, starting with top.

Right now, I have both Jax and Jayce for top lane and am pretty skilled with them, but want to find one or two more champions so I can always counter pick the other top lane resonably well. Unfortunately, the two champs do share some counters. My current thoughts are to pick up Yorick and/or Cho'Gath as they seem to have different struggles.

Thoughts? Thanks!!

Fartonmydee

11-17-2012

Pick up Yorick as he can shoot ghosts out of his pooper.

Detnemed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Yorick is strong top, Also, Irelia,

A well rounded Top Lineup would be Jayce and Jax, that you have, Then Yorick and Irelia, But You can't count on the four of them all the time, I play top mostly, But have been Supporting to get myself up the Elo ranking. (From 860 to 1070 since season 3 started)

Jax and Jayce, Very different Play style, Irelia, Yorick, None of them are in the same boat when it comes to how to do it. But you should be more well rounded, Perhaps you need another AP on your team, As you have an AP Carry mid, Ad Jungle Support and ADC. You could go Fizz, Morde, Vlad. Another thing is, There are a pool of tops, That people accept, If you practice, You can use unexpected characters in roles they arn't suited for. With the right picks, I can play Graves top, and be almost unstoppable.... It's all a matter of what your good at, and knowing your opponents picks.

I've gone Galio top vrs Vlad, and I held my lane, My jungler would come, We'd get the kills, By 23 minutes (Enemy bot was stalling and feeding, Like any good adc should) Laneing ended with Bot getting taken, And Draven was 9/2/4 while their jungle was 5/4/6... (Evelynn) I was 3/0/2 and our jungle was 7/1/5 Mid did alright, About broke even (Our Diana vrs their Fizz) at around 3/3/2 each.

The point is, You have to have a decent pool of champions for every situation, I got flamed so hard for being last pick and going Galio and at the end of the game, I was much better in K/D/A then the two who flamed me (ADC and Support)

Vonstahl

11-17-2012

Yorik is good as he is easy (in my opinion) be be good with as long as you can figure out how to build him, and go w,e,q (slow, life steal,speed) as far a ghouls go for all in fights and you get a manamune asap, other then that I would think a ranged top could be usefule, I would look at swain, vlad, and the highly contriversial teemo, all of them have there strengths, vlad is a late game hyper carry (if played right) who snowballs very well, swain hard counters vlad (never played the matchup my self but I see the problem) as well as becomes fairly tanky with his ult, (vlad does so with his passive), teemo has great map control, and counter pushing capibilities along with a global taunt passive that you can use your advantige if you are careful

Heartbound

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Wukong. Decoy gets you in position for taking out the AD carry, escaping, all kinds of things. Your q has range and is armor penetration, & your E not only dashes to opponents but gives you attack speed. Your ult is a knockup and does damage as they stand in it. Wukong is not only strong but tanky as hell thanks to your passive. I have carried so many games with him. Always 15+ kills or 20. Roaming, laning, teamfights. He;s amazing for any.