Hey LoL Feminists, Take a seat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King GrimPhenom

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krimoar View Post
I know this is contraversial, but why is this thread still going? i seriously just finished a movie, clicked refresh, and now i see that its still goin strong.
People have something to say

Diddums

11-17-2012

I couldn't care less about what a champ looks like, I choose who i play based on ability and function not looks

Well Hungarian

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Wise View Post
You do a disservice to men and women. It is not as easy as you describe to be a man. Expected toughness does not mean you are inherently tough.

I know girls that have broken up with guys because something weird happened at a bar with some creepy guy and he didn't defend them/try to fight them. No matter who I date, I'm expected to hold open doors and engage in typical courtship/chivalry ad nauseum.

Moreover, instead of just having small breasts or.. not looking like a supermodel(which is a cop out) I'm expected to just lift weights until I fit into that mold. I know plenty of girls that run every day and diet until they look like that. They're also hipsters.

Increasingly so, I'm expected to be metrosexual. I was in the infantry in the army for four years - a job that only allows men - and I was expected to do things that only testosterone would drive you to do. My eyebrows need to be well maintained, I won't include shaving; I've had girls that asked me to get my chest waxed.

Do you think men 60 years ago were expected to manscape? I'd guess not. Every actor in every serious movie takes his shirt off, doesn't he? Would it surprise you to know that, most likely, many of your favorites have pec implants? What's the difference there? It's superficial, false: like a deer getting fake antlers. But it's expected. I'm out of the army now and as I journey into corporate America more and more I'm reminded to be perfectly groomed, in shape and confident.

I've been sexually harassed at work before, by an older colleague. Should I go on Oprah and pretend I'm a victim and I'm traumatized for life? Or should I just hold on until I'm successful? I choose the latter.

--

The worst thing was I had to read and sit through all those arguments about allowing women in the infantry during those scandalous 2006-2007 years. Such close proximity to Abu Ghraib. The women there didn't serve with distinction. Meanwhile, women are saying stuff like, "I know women that are stronger than some men!"

A reporter asked me once while we were coming home: "do you think you're stronger than every single woman?"

My reply was: "Yup."

I got reprimanded and my company commander had to pull strings to get the footage removed from her camera. But you know what? I do feel that way, because I'm a man. I'm genetically programmed to compete for mates with other men. Women are programmed to be selective. It bothers me when I lose at something, and it drives me to become stronger/smarter/more capable. When women lose, it's playful. That isn't conducive to crushing your enemies which, believe it or not, is necessary.

Women and men are different. Both deserve equal American freedoms. Women do not deserve to rob other Americans of their right to prosperity. If Riot wasn't a successful company, we wouldn't be having this argument. Since they are, we are. You can't argue with results, which is exactly what Riot is getting.

Just stop tacking, "I want smaller breasted fantasy characters" with, "I feel women have equal rights as men to vote!"

You know right now there's a senator on the East coast trying to take away your right to certain medical procedures, right? Get upset about that; I support you. You don't get to take away the prosperity of others, though. Just like nobody gets to do it to you.
First, thank you for your service and defending our freedom.

I do think you may have misunderstood suns song's post a bit. I believe suns was simply trying to give a bit of perspective from the other side of the fence. At least, that is what I took from it. However, you do make very strong points from a man's point of view. Very well said.

Blazing Dynamo

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retsu Unohana 4 View Post
12 is around the age youll see people actually liking the hypersexualized body types.

the target demographic is teenage boys, which is why you see all these triple d ****

so if anything you should ask if hes past his immaturity period.

Are you ****ting me? 12 lollololololol, Nono 12 is the age where some group comes along and tries to convince the 12 year olds that something is bad, and they eat it up.

12 is the age of being blind to whats in front of them, 12 is the age that they cant see how the world runs, and how its always going to run no matter how much you complain.

Pryotra

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

I find it ironic that the feminists in this thread fight sexism with sexism. You aren't winning anyone over to your cause doing that. Infact you are turning alot of people against each other. Let me tell you a true story.

I have 3 sisters. All feminsts. Since I am the oldest, I left the house first. I come back, and find they are all feminists. First thought was Ok, good for them. Then I try to talk to them like normal. They attack me with all these sexist comments like "your male, so you have no clue what you are talking about," and "PLEASE, let someone who knows how to do it right do that, not a man.(talking about fixing a broken chair after I volunteered to help) So after about 2 days of taking it, I bust out 1 sandwich/kitchen joke, and suddenly they want my head on a pike. I point out the past 2 days, and every single instance of sexism displayed.

There is now a rule in my house about respecting the other gender, and my sisters and I get along fine. I hope that you feminists in this thread figure out the moral of that story, lest you want the next few female champs to insult you.

Insomnia1234o00o

11-17-2012

Lol at those complainers bashing on champions varieties.
All of you sounds like some little whinny ****s who think they're good at character designs.
If one day, Riot released a non-attractive female champion or a ugly female champion, will you guys buy it?

No, you will not. Unless she's extremely op, or you guys will not buy it.
So what's the point to release a champion when majority of the player base will not like it?
...?
...?
...?
You guys can only talk ****, but in the end, you guys will not dare to spend 975 rp on it.
You are far from those internet white knights, more like attention *****s.

Most of the people, including me love beautiful figures, sexy bodies and eye candies.
Riot can still add a lot of elements to make the character interesting while modeling the character smoking hot.

And you know what? They did.
I actually like most of the champion in the game, except a few, like Annie.
She belongs to Cartoon Network, not a game with fantasy theme.

Fisherman Fizz

11-17-2012

I walk around naked all the time and nobody makes a big deal out of it.

Rachel

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pryotra View Post
I find it ironic that the feminists in this thread fight sexism with sexism. You aren't winning anyone over to your cause doing that. Infact you are turning alot of people against each other. Let me tell you a true story.

I have a fiance, and 3 sisters. All feminsts. Since I am the oldest, I left the house first. I come back, and find they are all feminists. First thought was Ok, good for them. Then I try to talk to them like normal. They attack me with all these sexist comments like "your male, so you have no clue what you are talking about," and "PLEASE, let someone who knows how to do it right do that, not a man.(talking about fixing a broken chair after I volunteered to help) So after about 2 days of taking it, I bust out 1 sandwich/kitchen joke, and suddenly they want my head on a pike. I point out the past 2 days, and every single instance of sexism displayed.

There is now a rule in my house about respecting the other gender, and my sisters and I get along fine. I hope that you feminists in this thread figure out the moral of that story, lest you want the next few female champs to insult you.
Huh?
Maybe you should watch the straw feminist video.
I'm sorry people you know acted like that.
I label myself a feminist and would never discount an opinion because someone is male.

That's not feminism thats misandry.

edit: by the way, you don't have to be female to be a feminist. So anyone who dismisses males' opinions about it (simply because they are male)are kind of ignorant.

Blazing Dynamo

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomnia1234o00o View Post
Lol at those complainers bashing on champions varieties.
All of you sounds like some little whinny ****s who think they're good at character designs.
If one day, Riot released a non-attractive female champion or a ugly female champion, will you guys buy it?

No, you will not. Unless she's extremely op, or you guys will not buy it.
So what's the point to release a champion when majority of the player base will not like it?
...?
...?
...?
You guys can only talk ****, but in the end, you guys will not dare to spend 975 rp on it.
You are far from those internet white knights, more like attention *****s.

Most of the people, including me love beautiful figures, sexy bodies and eye candies.
Riot can still add a lot of elements to make the character interesting while modeling the character smoking hot.

And you know what? They did.
I actually like most of the champion in the game, except a few, like Annie.
She belongs to Cartoon Network, not a game with fantasy theme.
Poppy and lulu bought and both at one time were imba

Gespens

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
still in regards to caitlyn
are snipers and sheriffs not tactical-sounding people?
good tactics=protective clothing

True... though steam punk settings are all about superfluous designs. Still stupid.

syndra i dont care that she's wearing skimpy clothes
my only complaint about her is that she is -another- sexy predatory female among many
She is predatory? Doesn't seem like it to me.

tryndamere is actually still wearing armor though, just not on his chest

His armor is almost Liefieldian.

and even in d&d there's such a thing as "cloth armor" which still covers and protects important bits like using a heart-guard or protective runes or whatever they come up with
i mean look at the robes in games like WoW. even they utilize helms and bracers and shoulderguards

classified as 'light armor.' And that is store bought armor. The best magician robes in the game were enchanted. Keep in mind, that stuff like Leather Armor wasn't good on mages. In the case of someone like, Janna, we can justify that the winds protect her.

as far as i can tell, sonas only defense from a bullet to the heart is all the boob in front of it
im not so much arguing for the "armor" on mages either since they have
you know
magic

i just think its oversexual for sona to even have boobs falling out of her shirt anyways
(no i am NOT saying she cant have big boobs)
We don't know if her clothes carry any magical properties. And her etwahl is known to actiely protect her, so perhaps sound actually defends her? From a lore stand point.

Besids, she is not exactly a 'battle mage.' If you want an example of a battle mage, Swain.

Hell, Sona is hardly even a mage. She just has a magic instrument.