Hey LoL Feminists, Take a seat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Maou

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
well unfortunately until men stop getting *****s over boobs
they're going to be sexual organs
believe me i'd love to walk around without a shirt on like men can
but unfortunately that's "indecent exposure" in most places
because its more taboo than a man's pecs
oh shut the **** up. When woman wear revealing clothing and they know guys will look, they get upset. What's with the double standards? It's taboo because of women acting negatively towards their own actions.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Reedonidas

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Hey Riot. I know you're making a living and providing hundreds of jobs for Americans based on your original art like Katarina and Tryndamere but.. could you change that now?

I just don't like. Who cares if you made more money than Blizzard last year? I don't think you're entitled to serve your demographic who is 90% males between the ages of 16-30.

Brawny paper towels and Twilight? Oh, that's different! Team Edward!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrimPhenom

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Louvier View Post
jegus i gotta pee but i feel like if i leave the thread for 2 minutes i'll be behind another 5 pages
I just came back and missed 2


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Well Hungarian

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by suns song View Post
i'd also just like to add something:

yes, the media puts pressure on men as well. however, how does that pressure affect men in real life, really? you say most men would shrug it off, which is true. they can shrug it off because society has conditioned them, and told them from the start, that they have lots of good things going for them! they are strong, the providers; they have so many good male role models celebrated throughout history. they can be anything.

women, however, are not that lucky. there are a lot of campaigns trying to change that these days, but we're surrounded by images telling us that our worth lies in two things: our appearance, and our fertility. what if we can't have children? what if we're not that attractive? science is a man's field. math is a man's field. men can be fat, that's fine; they can still hold a job. if we're a little overweight, we're nothing. there are advertisements everywhere targeting women, telling us that if we're a little hairy, or a little overweight, we have no worth, and have to fix it immediately. that if we're attractive, we don't need anything else in life. it's ok to do nothing. all you need is a man.

historically we've been taught that it's the woman's job to be subservient, and more recently, to be sexy. we're to be sexy, but not embrace our sexuality, or else we're ****s (or just asking to get raped... but that is for another time). and if we deny any of that, try to push past it, we're 'butch', we're 'ugly', we'll 'never find a man', like these are all the worst things a woman can be.

again, this is starting to change, and i'm really happy about it! but like you said, there is a difference between the pressure the media puts on men and the pressure the media puts on women.

i'm not trying to paint women as this horrible oppressed class. just that there is a lot more to this than first meets the eye.
Another fine post!
While I understand and completely agree with the points you have made I find myself at a loss of words. Mainly, because it is hard for me as a male to relate to this pressure that a woman feels as you describe.

I find it quite interesting how differently men and women think and feel. From my personal experience, whenever I am under pressure to provide or to overcome a hurdle in life the decision I have to make is quite simple. Either I push forward or I find a different path to reach my goal.

From your insight though, I can understand a woman's pressure more clearly. I can see how there really is no clear choice. I can also see how it can be depressing or very difficult to overcome what social media and advertisement display as "what men want".

For you ladies, I hope that you do understand that us regular guys do not expect Angelina Jolie. At the end of the day, most of us truly enjoy you for who you are.

Thank you for the insight suns song


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GrimPhenom

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Wise View Post
Hey Riot. I know you're making a living and providing hundreds of jobs for Americans based on your original art like Katarina and Tryndamere but.. could you change that now?

I just don't like. Who cares if you made more money than Blizzard last year? I don't think you're entitled to serve your demographic who is 90% males between the ages of 16-30.

Brawny paper towels and Twilight? Oh, that's different! Team Edward!
ha, I lol'd and then scratched my head


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

im still that gu

Senior Member

11-17-2012

The reality of the situation isn't whether or not Riot is adding to this absurd idea of "oppression". If you look at the women who are playing this game, there is a reason they are so upset. Out of all the women I have met I rarely, if ever, find an attractive woman complaining that a video game created some "great divide" setting women back. Give me a break. It is the women who already are displeased with themselves that seem to create some issue to cover as an excuse for their own unappealing body. (Unappealing to themselves that is)
To try and tell a company that it can't create a ficticious woman is absurd. If creating fat ugly, or even "bland" women made a profit; they would do it. Do not confuse a company's rights with your own personal desire to see yourself in a game. You do not sell. That is why you do not have a skin. I do not have a skin for myself. Average white male. Not defined, not special, just plain. I would not sell. No one wants to see themselves exactly portrayed, EXCEPT those who already are despised with themselves; and therefore want to impose that type of image onto others to try to convince themselves that it is in fact ok to dislike who you are. If you find issue with yourselves, change yourselves don't try to impose on a business who is not concerned with your opinion outside of your wallet.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rasuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KínseySíx View Post
If her milk puppies were hanging any further out of that dress they´d have skill-sets of their own. I've always thought Sona was a good example of a champion design that is almost fantastic - but marred by someone saying, "Hey, flop her baps out a bit, that'll add some real depth to the character".
To be fair aside from being a Champion Sona also plays concerts[in the lore]. Her image conveys it quite well I'd say, it shows her elegance(which she seems to have outside of Pentakill) with a sort of attractiveness that you can expect to be used in the real world as well.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gixia

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercuryOfIsis View Post
Also there are an ok amount of not "oversexualized females" : Anivia, Annie, Karma, Kat, Leona, Lulu, Oriana, Poppy, Trist, Diana, and Vayne. I also count Riven and Fiora as not oversexualized personally, because she has a sexy skin yes, but they doesn't have obnoxiously large boobs and they are covered by allot of armor. Out of 34 females that is about 40%. I think that is a reasonable percentage, especially considering riot needs people to buy skins in order to make profit.
So, of the 13 champions you listed, one is a bird, one is a child, three are yordles, one is a robot. So that makes a total of 7 adult human females. Fiora may not have a sexualized model, but her splash art pose, standing so as to prominently display both her ass and chest is blatantly sexualized, so she gets knocked out. Katarina... Seriously? I classify Katarina as one of the champions who does sexualization properly, so I have no problem with her, but she's definitely in the sexualized camp. So that gives us 5, which, even if we remove all the non-adult humanoid females from the list, still makes it really more like 18%, not 40. That is a bad number.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Guancyto

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
Elise: Like the shadow isles, a sickly, sexy place she is a sickly, sexy creature. Alluring, yet repulsive. Spiders=scary, repulsive. Woman=beautiful, alluring. Makes sense to me, I get it. Total babe.
I was actually on the "zomg Riot oversexualised" side with Elise when I first saw her art; it wasn't too unreasonable, we heard about this elegant, regal Spider Queen and got a pin-up in a spider costume. Then we got her model, and her ingame stuff, and her new art, and a new spin on what she did - namely that she was the high priestess of a cult. And let's be honest here, there's probably no vows of chastity being spread around. So it made sense again, and all was well.

Then she released - voiceover was amazing, but Dead or Alive boobs agh! Didn't rush out to create a thread for it, but I did facepalm and go "really Riot, really?" The thing that rustles my jimmies in champion design is when sexy is just tacked on because it can be. It's tacky! Elise is absolutely fine without bizarre breast physics. Why did they feel the need to include it?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

evelastina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gespens View Post
Wait.

My original post said that Sona is extremely well covered-- all she is showing is some shoulders, collar bone and some cleavage-- in a dress that exists in real life.

You said that she is 50% covered.

I at no point said that her breasts were 80% covered. You pulled that out of your ass.

Her clothing makes sense-- an attractive, rich musician who is beloved by all. And even her breasts are more than half covered, since most of the bust mass is on the underside. So your statement makes no sense either way.
i apologize that i misread your original post
i orinally thought you were talking only about how much of her breasts were covered rather than her full body

but even so, an attractive rich musician doesnt need to show off her breasts because it adds nothing to her character
most classical musicians dress -very- modestly because the focus should be on the music, not her looks..
covering them up would take nothing away from her character either (just like. pull up the dress a little bit or something)

and "most" of the bust is covered because her nips add another 10-20%
her dress looks like it barely covers them and i think they could have at least made it look practical by adding spaghetti straps or something