Hey LoL Feminists, Take a seat

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

King GrimPhenom

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by suns song View Post
oh ok
i think you're a little upset
i shall disengage

go have some tea or something you'll feel better
Well you're talking about my fav adchere

I'm not mad I don't get mad on a forum because I can just close my browser and leave

but your argument was very weak, that was my point

Nhero

11-17-2012

Amen.

Rachel

11-17-2012

I am a female. And a feminist. And personally, do not have a problem with how the characters are portrayed.
But I can see how someone could. I can see how someone could be offended by it. People shouldn't be prevented from complaining about what offends them.
And many of the people in here don't see how someone could be offended. They simply say no its not offensive nope nope noooo.
You can't define what offends someone...it's a personal preference.
I can understand what would be offensive about the designs and can therefore respect the opinions of those that are against the designs.

As for me. I'm just more about gameplay. The visuals are just a bonus. And don't really bother me. So if you are like me, and are more about gameplay, why would it bother you if riot "pandered" to these "feminazis" by releasing a champion with a different body type?

It shouldn't right? You're playing the game for gameplay right?

DaMiTzNhan

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel View Post
why would it bother you if riot "pandered" to these "feminazis" by releasing a champion with a different body type?
Because us white males don't like change.
Just take a look at what happened when the US elected an African American President.

Well Hungarian

11-17-2012

Quote:
I am a female. And a feminist. And personally, do not have a problem with how the characters are portrayed.
But I can see how someone could. I can see how someone could be offended by it. People shouldn't be prevented from complaining about what offends them.
And many of the people in here don't see how someone could be offended. They simply say no its not offensive nope nope noooo.
I can understand what would be offensive about the designs and can therefore respect the opinions of those that are against the designs.

As for me. I'm just more about gameplay. The visuals are just a bonus. And don't really bother me. So if you are like me, and are more about gameplay, why would it bother you if riot "pandered" to these "feminazis" by releasing a champion with a different body type?

No one has said they do not want different female models used. No one is crying to keep their big boobies. Soooo...your point is?

Rachel

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimPhenom View Post
Here's a secret: I read every post I responded to (to avoid being condemned from ignorance)

I just said I didn't to imply that it was either uninformed, not worth reading, or just plain Silly

I'm a really REALLY nice guy and I've been debating all my life about so many different things that my resolves often seem concrete which means I'm often a good opponent

So if I gave you a challenge then I'm glad, we both stood our ground

I apologize if I I made you uncomfortable in anyway but I won't back down until I'm given understanding why I should
Surprisingly venom-free post from you I'm a bit impressed. No longer looking at you with a sneer. Well played.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriforus View Post
You're a college student with little to no real world experience, you join in an argument without making a decisive point, but please, keep enlightening us with your profound experience of inequality.
I never said i had experienced inequality. (Besides the disgustingly misogynistic posts you keep making.)
I just said I was a feminist.

You don't have to experience inequality to be a feminist.

talentednot

11-17-2012

I find it offensive that this is even an issue. If you as women want somthing to get cranky about, how about human trafficking, *** slaves, population control or any other of the numerous REAL WORLD problems.

But no, you lovely ladies and lads want to up and revolt at this horrid display of the female body on a online video game. How dare you riot, how dare you.

Sheogowrath

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LiberLux View Post
Look at Olaf... Now look at Ezreal. You have 2 completelly different male characters. Now look at Jax, Yi, Garen, Xin, Viktor...

Now try to find the difference between our female characters. We have semi sexy monsters (Cassio, Nami, Elise, Zyra) and sexy humans (everyone else). The only char that i find different is Diana and Anivia..
Every ****ing woman in this game super sexy. We don't have a Gragas type, or a Shehulk, or a Karthus (an undead female necromancer). Even the most "powerfull" ladys here are sexy (Riven, Shyvana).

What's wrong with a non-oversexualyzed woman?
Riven is not sexy. As much of a tomboy as I've every seen. Thought she was a boy first time I saw her. Shyvanna is cool, not sexy. Do you hear her roar when she becomes a dragon. She's epic. Stop trying to force your problems on her. Elise is not hot, she's creepy. Eve is ugly as hell. Cassio isn't sexy either, she's just an attention ****. Orianna is clearly different. And she's creepy as hell too (see her sewn chaos skin for reference). Annie is very different. Kayle ain't sexy, she be ugly. And until you see here unmasked skin or read her lore, you'll swear she's a guy. Covered head to toe in armor, no joke. Lux isn't sexy, her face is just barely average. Karma is ugly for days, specially her skins. Poppy doesn't even try to be sexy. She's very much a she-hulk. People just overlook her because she's so easy to over-look (you know, cuz she's so short). Leona is pretty, but in noway is she sexualized. She's way more manly than Taric, and she gets way in your face even though she's a support. And see her taunt and dance to know just how epic she is.

Oversexualized my ass. Confident, and badass is more like it.

King GrimPhenom

11-17-2012

Quote:

I understand that, good argument. You have really good points.

Glad you broadened the argument

Valkymie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gloriforus View Post
The difference between OP/UP and oversexualization is that there is realistic data to work with to compare wether or not somthing is considerd OP/UP. Oversexualization is simply just an opnion. Wether or not someones skirt is too high or neckline too low, is all your opinion. There is no set standard for sexualization of video game charaters. There is however a business behind the creaters of the game. It doesnt take a rocket scientist to figure out what sells to who. If you see a girl on a game, it is MUCH more pleasant to see a attrative looking lux, rather than lux on a 2 month big mac spree. Is there a happy medium between the two? Sure, but as a artist creating somthing that your company is trying to sell to a specific market, you realize average doesnt sell. Nothing is wrong with an average looking woman, but as an artist trying to sell an image of a woman character in a game, you would want her to look bad ass. A plain looking woman is fine, but its a lot more interesting to look at the attractive victoria secret model. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, Noone is wrong, Your opinions just dont align with each other.
how is it not a fact that its oversexualisation if they put caitlyn, the supposed badass srsbsns sheriff of piltover, in a minidress with her boobs popping out
its a matter of opinion whether you think its wrong or not
but it should be fact that her *** appeal has nothing to do with her character and it doesnt fit her at all.

also lux is perfectly fine. being attractive =/= being oversexualized
and a plain jane can still look badass
all the male characters arent picture perfect but they're still depicted as badass through their poses and armor

yes its interesting to see beautiful model-type people
its not interesting to see them again and again and again whether or not youre attracted to that kind of thing

TMI: its like masterbating too much. it loses its luster after a while