Tower Aggro/Teleport Interrupt/Effect Proc Inconsistencies

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

nCas

10-07-2010

Hello All,

I've found inconsistencies with the tower aggro and teleport interrupt system. Playing on Zilean, as soon as I place a bomb on an enemies head while within tower range I instantly take aggro. However, if an enemy is backing and I place a bomb on their head it won't interrupt the teleport until the bomb explodes. Also, Rylai's slow proc is on bomb explosion as well not on bomb placement. I don't think these mechanics are correct, all of these functions should work the same. I believe that all of these should proc on explosion. Does anyone else know of a champion that has similar issues? Who can agree with this?

Kensen

10-07-2010

When you place a bomb in tower range, you will pull tower aggro on you http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=125023 <- calls for help now, as for the others, I can't help you there. =/

Slyvvr

Recruiter

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by nCas View Post
Hello All,

I've found inconsistencies with the tower aggro and teleport interrupt system. Playing on Zilean, as soon as I place a bomb on an enemies head while within tower range I instantly take aggro. However, if an enemy is backing and I place a bomb on their head it won't interrupt the teleport until the bomb explodes. Also, Rylai's slow proc is on bomb explosion as well not on bomb placement. I don't think these mechanics are, all of these functions should work the same. I believe that all of these should proc on explosion. Does anyone else know of a champion that has similar issues? Who can agree with this?
well then he would be OP, if he were able to harass you at your tower, but take no dmg when placing the bomb... he would just be able to kill and you would be powerless. also the proc effect are logical

nCas

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kensen View Post
When you place a bomb in tower range, you will pull tower aggro on you http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=125023 <- calls for help now, as for the others, I can't help you there. =/
Ahhhh...thanks for this link. If bomb placement does 3 then 2 then 1 dmg then I can see how/why tower would give aggro but then my other 2 points on teleport interrupt/item effect proc don't add up.

nCas

10-10-2010

bump cause I have a point here....

tronclock

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-10-2010

ya in a patch awhile back they added that count down to the bomb so it would do damage to proc tower aggro. The secpter problem may mean that the boom ticks are considered physical damage, but still a good point. And yes the recalling not breaking does seem inconsistant

CrueL Vin

10-10-2010

imo it should at least be consistent
when zil could harass someone at their tower w/o taking agro that was op and needed a change
HOWEVER if he is going to take tower agro for using a skill, he should at least ge tthe benefit of having it interrupt the players teleport (like any other skill that would take tower agro) and have the effects proc accordingly

nCas

10-11-2010

bump to allow Riot to comment

The issue is pretty cut and dry

AnjouShin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-11-2010

all effects work as intended... its not supposed to break the recall. imagine you would be able to abort the recall with a long range slow like singed's glue. only damage kills recalls and when the recall is at about 0.1s from teleporting it even ignores that dmg and recalls anyway. even though it did cost me a few kills this mechanic is fine as it is.

apart from that... nobody should be unable to recall because of 6 dmg over 3 seconds.

its ridiculous to argue about that.

nCas

10-11-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnjouShin View Post
its ridiculous to argue about that.
Ridiculous? Do you hear yourself guy? Damage interrupts teleport. Damage also procs tower aggro. Damage procs item effects. However, its not all done consistently. It's a very simple concept to grasp....if things were consistent. If you're going to add 3, 2, 1 dmg in order to justify tower aggro and then not do the same for teleport interrupt and item proc then the logic is flawed. If this can't be understood then I don't know what to say. I think its ridiculous to add 6 damage over 3 seconds and not think the whole process through.