Elise still UP after patch

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TealNinje

11-17-2012

Ecclesian, the reason you get downvoted is because you state the obvious and try to paint it as if it were some miraculous realization, and then continue on by saying it's the only way to do something when hard facts are kicking you in the face that there are alternatives based on what you want to do as the champion.

Claiming you're a "free thinker" doesn't hold any ground here, since you're just lining up like a peg, but doing of your own volition. That holds the opposite level of importance as a free thinker.

Darthnachox

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaHa View Post
Hmmmm saw Stanley play top Elise yesterday(it actually came out he was in 1V2 lane). Man his plays... His plays... Don't remember his final score but he was MAJOR part why TPA won that game.

Go watch that VoD or something (Garena Premier League Grand Fanals). If you still think Elise is UP after that .....
I think most people are trying to state that her team fighting and late game are extremely lack luster. Her laning is pretty strong though.

Resther

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Elise is difficult to play, but I too have gotten the hang of her, specifically in Mid and Jungle. Primarily in Jungle, since all she needs is a few good ganks,and she's set. Earliest I gank with her is level 4, after my Q is leveled once, my W twice, and my E once.

She's still just a tad underpowered, though if played correctly, she can do fairly well. I do agree that her kit has alot more to it than most other champs, but after playing her exclusively since her release, I've grown used to the constant switching of her forms, and it has become very natural for me to snare with her human E, Change to Spider form, jump in with W and Q, E to catch up if necessary, continually just snaring and attacking your prey until they fall dead.

I would like to see another round of small buffs though. Specifically to her Human form Q, and her Spider form E.

For Neurotoxin, I'd like to see a scaling DoT (Preferably poison damage), as her current Q is fairly useless when they're lower than full or 3/4 health. Adding some poison damage would not only make sense for her kit (since she's a spider), but would help her Q be more useful at later stages of the game, while she's trying to chase down a target.

For Rappael, I'd like to see it able to target allied minions. As it stands now, you can only jump to Neutral camps, Enemy Minions, or Enemy Champions. I don't mind this, except for the fact that it can't be used as an escape as much as an engage. Because you can't jump to allies of any kind,(and assuming they keep things this way), I'd like to see a shorter cooldown on it. The current capabilities of the ability, I feel doesn't justify the long cooldown it currently has.

As for building her, it's fairly easy. She dishes out Hybrid damage. Guinsoo's Rageblade is a staple in my personal build. Lich Bane is excellent for her, since she benefits from everything it offers (unlike Trinity Force, although it doesn't look too bad of an option either). Rylai's Crystal Sceptar is prettymuch a staple, since it gives alot of health, a Slow, and a good chunk of Ability Power, all of which are necessities on her. Frozen Heart is a good Armor choice. With the upcoming removal of Force of Nature, I can only assume Spirit Visage and Abyssal Sceptar are good options for Magic Resist, the latter of which would be extremely potent, since you're going to be in Spider form,meaning they suffer heavily from that debuff it offers.

Simply put, Elise is not that UP, though a few more buffs would help. She's playable, you just need to practice and have the determination to get good with her. I made that pact, that I'd get good with her, no matter what. I love Spiders, and have been awaiting Elise's arrival ever since I saw the original concept (Priscilla). I will main her, no matter what anyone says.

P.S. - Please stop calling League of Legends Champions "Heroes" or "Toons". They're called "Champions".

intro94

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthnachox View Post
I think most people are trying to state that her team fighting and late game are extremely lack luster. Her laning is pretty strong though.
i think he tried to imply for you to watch the Garena finals where TPA used her for game changing moves at TEAMFIGHTs where she wiped up during teamfights most of the SG team, twice , at the Finals of south east asia.And her lane was pretty strong too.

CamaHa

11-17-2012

Quote:
U wanna have it all? Then let's freaking buff Poppy to have easier laning phase. Let's buff singed to make him less avoidable in teamfights. Hell u can go on for every single champ.

Champions got strengths and weaknesses. That's what this game is all about. Combining all strengths to cancel out individual weaknesses of champions.

ASYLUM101

11-17-2012

Elise is fine how she is. If she were any stronger she would be a nightmare to fight.

She builds tanky and gets damage with spell pen. More CDR = more ownage.

Her Q in human form will burst down even tanks if you have the spellpen (which you should) and in spider form she can nuke most targets at ~20% to 0.

I've had no issues playing her, I feel she is alot stronger than people believe.

UrgotSwained

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ecclesian View Post
Since you seem to not want to believe that Elise isn't up and sense you are stuck in your current arbitrary false paradigm, I invite you to play some games with me so I can prove to you how Elise actually does very well...

However, people like you often times still chose your obsolete ignorant paradigm over a more effective one.

It's like you don't want Elise to be any good...

I'm waiting for an invite...
I find it funny that you (mis)use large words like "arbitrary false paradigm" yet cannot spell since.

UrgotSwained

11-17-2012

Quote:
This^^^

Is about the only thing you need to take from this whole thread.

RadiantPyrophore

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaHa View Post
U wanna have it all? Then let's freaking buff Poppy to have easier laning phase. Let's buff singed to make him less avoidable in teamfights. Hell u can go on for every single champ.

Champions got strengths and weaknesses. That's what this game is all about. Combining all strengths to cancel out individual weaknesses of champions.
Some champions have too many weaknesses and not enough strengths, idiot.

Thubgar

11-17-2012

it's her spider form.
her gap closers dont actually close the gap. what's worse, her spiders are slower than her, so she cant hit anything running from her.