Breaking the Support Meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xiappi

11-17-2012

Please feel free to offer constructive criticism or post your own concepts.

Greetings Summoners,
At The moment we have a decent variety of champs, however, I feel many of the recent champs are starting to follow a trend of filling certain roles. Almost all of the champs created recently have attempted to fit with the meta: Assasins, Bruisers, Casters etc..

What I'd like to see is a diversity of unique champions. For example: when rumble came out, he was a one of a kind champ, relying on heat instead of mp or fury. The following are a few champion concepts that several others and myself have been discussing.

Champion idea #1

Late Game Supports

At the moment almost all of the support champions without CC offer a greatly decreased presence in the late game. What we thought of is a champion that- while not offering a large amount of help to who they support in the early game, would start to show their help in the late game. The following are some ideas's of skills that would create a champion like mentioned above.

- Passive increase of hp/armor/Mr/etc.. on cast
This could either be a passive, or maybe just a passive effect of a certain spell. The idea is that whenever the champion casts a spell on a champ(excluding themselves of course) the targeted champion gets a small permanent increase in a certain stat. Ex: "On cast, increase target's max hp by 6/7/8/9/10, 20second cooldown. (of course it would cap at a certain increase. Ex: bonus hp caps at +1000hp)

- High Scaling heal with very low base value
Though being Item reliant, a champion with this item would be more effective mid-late game because of item presence.

- Passive grant of Lifesteal or potentially a CC shield that scales with a certain stat
(ex: grants a shield that absorbs 10/20/30/40/50 damage and makes the target immune to crowd control effects. Lasts 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2/2.5 seconds + .5s for 75)

-Ability to place ward like items that are target-able
The concept behind this is that it would allow a much larger diversity of champions to fill different roles by providing an escape mechanism for certain champions, Ex: lee sin could dash to said ward, Katarina could shunpo, Ammumu could bandage toss, Jax could leap, etc.. Potentially these wards could have hp so that when used as an escape, the wards get damaged, or at higher levels destroyed.

- An Anti-focus shield
What I mean by this is that a shield that reduces incoming damages(without blocking it) but heals nearby allies for a certain amount of the damage dealt to the shielded champion. A very good late game way to protect your ADC

-Mini Push mechanic (no name for it yet, would probably be an ultimate skill)
Something similar to Janna's ultimate but much weaker, without the heal and is a short duration constant push back, Melee champions would be unable to run near the champ this was cast on, and enemy champs inside the radius when this was cast would be pushed back in a fashion similar to Janna's ultimate. Potentially coming with a movement speed increase

- Buff that increases the hp regeneration of targeted champ
This would be good for laning with champions like Garen and Mundo, maybe even Vlad. Sure, it goes against the meta for laning, but personally, I think riot should encourage player experimentation and playstyle diversity.

Those are the ideas that we have come up with so far, will add more as we discuss. Hope to hear your comments, Xiappi

Norlannan

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xiappi View Post
Please feel free to offer constructive criticism or post your own concepts.

- An Anti-focus shield
What I mean by this is that a shield that reduces incoming damages(without blocking it) but heals nearby allies for a certain amount of the damage dealt to the shielded champion. A very good late game way to protect your ADC
I had this idea for a Tank...except every basic attack the enemy dealt to the shielded ally would take damage.

Espy Psyche

11-17-2012

Garrock, the Warlord

A support whose capability to support is based on his stats. Something like this?

Nazrethim

11-18-2012

I agree with you. I have a concept of a support without damage but powerful abilities, but the trick is that it depends of another champion to be effective, she is only a support, she is almost useless alone, but her allies become a real threat when she is close. If you are interested here's the link. I hope you like her ^^

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...highlight=kiri