Australian Servers

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Pyhthia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

I know Riot has done some surveys on the ping with us ozzie players and investigated the delay of abilities and the overall playability of the game (a .75-2 second lag on every ability summoner spell or even just basic movement).

But I've been thinking. Seeing how the servers collapsed the other day, wouldn't it be a good move to create Australian server, remove a good portion of lag and stress from the NA server while allowing us to better match our NA in tournies and actually be a threat to the other servers? Instead of being practically useless in non Australain ranked match ups.

Taiski

11-17-2012

While it would be nice, I can see why they may not. The population of Australia is less than a 10th of NA or Western Europe, and the percentage of gamers are probably less.

I don't think us Australian players are taking a toll on the servers. That said...

RIOT AU SERVERS PLS.

Pyhthia

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Well over people I've bumped into in my own city, just out of coincidence and just this last 6 months. I've got 20 something friends I play LoL with. Saying this I think Australian players either don't play as much or are less inclined to play due to the lack of equal setting on a foreign server. Also that oceanic servers like we see in WoW seem to be heavily populated.

If they were to give us an Australian server they would only be increasing the amount of Australians that play, and as a business move. Its a smart one.

In the end, servers crashed again this morning. I think Riot should really take any suggestion to reduce the traffic.

Set Tesh

11-17-2012

as someone who has been playing LoL for almost 3 years, and being an Auzzie, i can say ive had this converstation so many times ive lost count, after all that time ive come to the conclusion, that an aussie server is a terrible idea
think of it this way
right now, queue times are with the whole of the US and AU, the US being the majority, so what happens if we take that out of the equation, massive queue times,
we would be the lowest priority server, we would get the patches last, and gett he lest support, we would be cut off from events and event specific codes and stuff like that, our pro play would stagnate (cant get better when there is no one but a small pool of players to play against)

in short, its a bad idea and would make alot of things worse for a little less ping

as someone who has been playing at 200- 260 ping for 3 yeas, you get used to it, and it isnt that big of a disadvantage,
it is one, but not big enough to warrant taking all of these downsides, to fix it

just wait for the NBN, that will help alot (also i heard somthing about riot looking at ways to lower our ping to the NA server)

edit: also we have diamond players, so the ping isnt going to stop you from doing well, thats one excuse i see far to many aussies using

edit2: also remember we would be cut off from our american friends, and alot of people (including me) wouldnt join the aussie server becuase then they wouldnt be able to play with the people they know