Helping create account

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Decisive2Drill

11-06-2012

Hello forumites, I'm in need of a quick solution to a problem I'm not exactly sure how its being caused.

I have tried registering my brother's account for LoL, and it says "Sign up failed" on the screen after. I double and even triple checked that his email address, pass, captcha, and so forth were all valid and precise.

What can I do to mend this issue?

Thanks in advance,

-Akharamizu

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-06-2012

Not sure, but try making sure you're logged out when you try it (no idea if that matters), and make sure you have the date in mm/dd and not dd/mm.

Decisive2Drill

11-06-2012

Did. His birthday is in July, so put 07/xx/xx format

I wasn't logged in.

Like I said, noooo idea why.

Youranewb

11-06-2012

it is probably a problem with the birth date, are you sure you put it in the correct order?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

11-06-2012

Hmm, try using a different browser or clearing your cache/cookies.

Decisive2Drill

11-10-2012

Birthday: tried 07/day/year, 7/day/year

Cleared cache/cookies in firefox and signup failed.

Downloaded Google Chrome, used both birthday formats, failed.

Made sure his email was verified and open to receive emails, redid the sign up process---sign up failed.

So now I've exhausted those options, what could I do now? It is a msn-hotmail email account, and the email I am signed up on presently for League is msn as well, so I know that is likely not the issue.

Fs Son0fSilas

11-10-2012

I'm not sure of this, but isn't there a minimum age required. I believe 13 years old is the cut-off yes?

Idk if this is the case or not, and I can't speak for your brother, however the game is rated T for Teen.

Decisive2Drill

11-11-2012

He is turning 13 early next year.

I thought it could be the problem, so I decided to try each variant of a birthday from 1990---still said signup failed.

I haven't verified yet, but he visited a friend's house and made an account apparently. He said he had to use numbers in the username? Although without using them in his username myself, it said it was fine and went green during the signup process.

Decisive2Drill

11-17-2012

Bumping this for an answer. I'd like to know what the problem is.

Checked, he was being a liar for some reason. So still have this issue. =x

Treshure

11-17-2012

Strange. It could be the servers acting up or your internet provider, but I'm no good at that so I can tell you something that would be moderately helpful:

Try going to a relative's house, or some other computer with a different network. If it doesn't work there, try someone else. After a few tries to create an account, and nothing works, try another method of creating account. If right, I believe there are several ways Riot provides to make an account. If all else fails, you should register a ticket with Riot on their support site.