Lee sin jungle help please

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Flagrock

11-17-2012

I used to have terrible times living with lee sin. I know I have flat dmg marks and quints, flat armor yellow, and mr per lvl blue and now I do better. Try starting out with your E and make sure you are weaving your auto attacks in too. This allows you to attack faster and get energy back. Why I say this is because with the weaving with Lee's passive the jungle dies faster and you can have your lifesteal/vamp work more. Also, getting the reduce dmg taken from minions in defense really helps. You will take some dmg from wraiths to red, but if you want to keep jungling grab W, or go for a quick gank with Q.

first time Vayne

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBud View Post
lee sin is not a good jungler he is never played after 1k elo. lulu jungle is much stronger and she rarely dies from minions
Very true. Open with a Doran's Ring so you have more health regen, and be sure to counterjungle frequently.

^ That'll go well... haha

first time Vayne

11-17-2012

But in all seriousness, Lee Sin is has a steep learning curve. He is a ganking jungler in early game. That's how you get ahead with him because he doesn't have great clearing speed, in all honesty.

If you're just picking up jungling, play Udyr first to get the rhythm down. Look up some Solomid.net reviews for him. He's probably the best jungler in the game, imo.

Jungling is fun and very rewarding. Good luck!

Lord Solar Bear

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKrunkHD View Post
I seem to keep dying to monsters in jungle with lee sin, Im level 23 and I've watched tons of videos and guides. please help
TheKrunkHD,
Here are my Lee Sin jungling tips. I won't bore you with a build or a skill sequence aside from the first 3 levels. You should try to start boots 3 pots, start with Tempest, and then take Safeguard. Level 3 take Resonating Strike for ganks.
As for a route, start wraiths, then head red and get a leash. Run over to wolves and clear them, then go back to your wraiths. Gank, you should be level 3. IGNORE GOLEMS
*gasp, but why?*
They do so much damage, are way out of your way, and will leave you badly wounded. They just aren't worth it compared to a gank on their mid for First Blood, or a gank top for the same thing.

Hope this help and wasn't vague (like much of the jungling "advice" I've found .____.)

Lord Solar Bear

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by anAmishLady View Post
But in all seriousness, Lee Sin is has a steep learning curve. He is a ganking jungler in early game. That's how you get ahead with him because he doesn't have great clearing speed, in all honesty.

If you're just picking up jungling, play Udyr first to get the rhythm down. Look up some Solomid.net reviews for him. He's probably the best jungler in the game, imo.

Jungling is fun and very rewarding. Good luck!
Not the BEST, but I'd agree he's way better starting than Lee Sin. Lee Sin is superior, but you need to grasp jungling first. Get a few easier junglers like Udyr, Cho'gath, or Nunu to "practice" with. They are way more forgiving than Lee Sin.

Broosevelt

11-17-2012

Although I may not be the most fit candidate for giving advice I can tell you my usual starting items and first clear.

I start with cloth armor and 5 health potions

Start with Tempest (E) for the aoe damage and make sure to use your passive in between activations.

I always start red with a leash from mid lane and take safeguard at level 2 (W) which you should get right after clearing red buff.

Then move onto wraiths and auto attack the biggest one first then immediately activate safeguard, use your passive, then reactivate for the lifesteal. Be sure to alternate your autos and using safeguard and tempest for the most dps output and to maximize the lifesteal you get from safeguards second activation.

Repeat this process at wolves and level resonating strike (Q)

Where my clear tends to differ from the other recommendations here is in regards to blue buff. Unless mid lane is entirely pushed or your ap carry is not in lane, I always try to give the mid laner first blue buff. I find that while useful on lee sin it certainly is not necessary and will help your teammate dominate mid lane.

If your mid lane responded fast enough and you did not have to tank blue buff for too long you can consider ganking top lane if they are pushed towards your tower or are at low health. If not return to base to pick up boots and some more potions.

For the most part you can ignore double golems until later in the game, they do too much damage and take too much time that you could be using ganking. The only time I take them early in the game is if there is no ganking opportunity after getting boots and both buff camps are still down. Even then I usually smite the big golem and kill the small one fast and check the lanes for ganking opportunities.

A few key things to remember for lee sin, use your passive, utilize the shield from safeguard, and maximize the lifesteal from safeguard by using your passive. Hope this helps your further endeavors with the blind monk. Good luck!

first time Vayne

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerSR View Post
Not the BEST, but I'd agree he's way better starting than Lee Sin. Lee Sin is superior, but you need to grasp jungling first. Get a few easier junglers like Udyr, Cho'gath, or Nunu to "practice" with. They are way more forgiving than Lee Sin.
Meh, it's arguable, but I find Udyr to have more utility, durability, and sometimes even damage during the entire duration of the game than Cho, Nunu, or Lee Sin. He can even get as tanky as a jungle Cho, who is the closest match b/c of his crowd control, if you want him to be. And whereas Nunu and Lee Sin fall off hard in late game, Udyr doesn't, and he matches both of them in early game as far as ganking and invading are concerned if you play him right. Plus, his clear times and sustain are crazy. Get Philo Stone when you're forced to base for the first time, and you won't really have to go back until you take significant damage in a fight.

I'm totally biased, if you can't tell. <3

Skarner is another really good jungler in tier with these, although I find he's only really useful as a tank late game and has subpar ganks when his ult isn't available -- a huge handicap.

first time Vayne

11-17-2012

The most important lessons to take from all of this are to gank frequently -- Lee Sin falls off late game, but his early game ganking prowess is capable of getting your team plenty ahead before you are relegated to a tanky peeler -- and be sure to space out your abilities in order to utilize your passive, which will increase net damage by keeping your attack speed up and by refunding energy so that you can string more abilities together.