Fact Volibear is a better Singed on TT

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheM0ve

11-19-2012

You can check out my last games. I have 1 loss as volibear but my bro who plays morg purchased Diana and it was his first time playing her. It basicly was 2v3 the whole game as he was useless.

TheM0ve - I main Shyvanna or Volibear latley
Billups7 - One of the best trynds

Hansuki

11-19-2012

Vbear is easily shut down early game by denying him farm and items - be aggressive before 6 and he's shut down easily. Singed is the better champ because you cant ignore him but you also cant kill him - there is no penalty for chasing down a vbear with ghost and killing him, whereas if I want to chase the singed and kill him, I AM GOING TO TAKE DMG and there is no way to avoid it. NONE. Any half decent singed just pushes lanes and runs to his team when you show up - if you chase him, youll take a bunch of dmg and die to his team, if you dont chase, he'll just go farm and push elsewhere. Vbear doesnt pose any threat without his team, whereas Ive seen singed kite whole teams down to half health and worse, just by running away. Infinite mana and infinite poision trail, WAY more tanky than vbear, whose passive is shut down hard by ignite/grevous wounds.

The flip on vbear might do more burst dmg in fights, but Singed will win you the game by pushing and running and pushing some more.

Boo

11-19-2012

volibear will always be worse than singed, mainly because he doesn't get free defensive stats like singed. even if singed gets shut down, he still gets flat resistances, ap, etc so all he needs are levels.

Numba Wan Kenobi

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheM0ve View Post
You have to stand in the posion to take dmg from Singed. Singed would be garbage without his throw.

Volibear has a better throw. He super tanky. Has a good burst of direct dmg. His Bite is basicly a Garen Ult on say a 12 sec CD. His Ult has a low CD and gives him great burst.

When we play rank I do the bannings for my team and Singed is always a ban. After playing a few Volibears my bros made me ban Volibear as well. After playng him atleast 20+ games this free week we have not lost 1 game. I would say only had 1-2 close games and the rest were blow outs.

I base champs on how they do when we play other teams. Volibear is scary. That throw is a auto kill in team fights.
You keep saying you win everything and whatnot but you still have not provided any proof whatsoever that this means anything other than the fact that you are likely playing against bad players or blind pick. If you had won 20 games without losing 1 in Ranked 3v3, you would already be Platinum and probably even Diamond.

You dont even have a Ranked team. So I see no proof whatsoever that what you claim is working.

Also, you dont stand in Singed's poison. Singed stands in you and your whole team for the duration of the whole fight while having crazy damage, crazy utility and being pretty much unkillable if he has ult on (god mode).

Granted, Volibear is not a bad pick in TT, but he is definitely not better than Singed.

Volibear is easily kited if you know what you are doing, and there's nothing you can do to stop that from happening unless you run Cleanse, and even if you do, you can still get Exhausted after you Cleanse and boom, all your damage is suddenly gone.
Singed has massive CC reduction and resists inside his own kit, and Exhaust doesnt counter him at all because his damage is pretty much a permanent DoT.

Why dont you go into Ranked with your 2 friends and see for yourself, you will likely reach 1600~ elo easily but after you reach that elo, Voli will not be as effective anymore because he can be easily counter picked and kited all day.

The only way to counter pick a Singed is to build an entire counter-comp just for him, and it is still risky and probably not worth doing.

SaveTheMaids

11-19-2012

Fed Singed is pretty much gg.
He pushes fast and tower dives for for an hour.
Tons of AoE damage, especially if he has some Mpen.
Probably one of the hardest champions to kill with full build.

I've come back against a fed Voli several times.
You just have to have champs that outscale him since he falls off late game. He falls off even faster if your team has healing reduction.

Bobinatorlol

11-19-2012

The fact is you spend too much time vs'ing non premades with a premade team in normals.

I find it odd that your Morg never buys Blackfire Torch and your Trynd never gets Ruined King or a Lord Van Damm's Pillager. He just builds AS + AD + Crit. This is fine for normals but unlikely to work near as well in ranked with any sort of communication.

Boo

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobinatorlol View Post
your Trynd never gets Ruined King or a Lord Van Damm's Pillager. He just builds AS + AD + Crit. This is fine for normals but unlikely to work near as well in ranked with any sort of communication.
wat

Bobinatorlol

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boo View Post
wat
Granted I dont play much Tryn but shouldnt he buy something other than more PD's after he already has an IE + PD. Armor pen would go a long way and the slow Ruined King would help out.