How do people win, seriously? (Not a complaint)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

theorapgamer

11-17-2012

Just wondering like how do you guys do it? I can't seem to win, I'll do alright in lane and then get smashed later that game. I don't understand, do people who win just super carry? I am confused on how to win when I do well but we just get destroyed later on. How can I help my team? Is it impossible? I'm nice to everyone, I ward a lot usually. Is there some trick on how to do it? Always jungle and make sure everyone wins their lanes? Just asking for opinions on the golden question - How do you win?

Dorsia

11-17-2012

Top/Mid/Bot/Support - focus on warding your area and last hitting. Then depending on the matchup either hang back and try to keep the minion waves closer to your tower for easier jungle ganks or push and deny (only if u can escape an enemy jungle gank). Poke the enemy down slowly til you're ready to take a gank or secure a kill on your own.

jungle wise it's tricky, sometimes people wanna push their lanes hard and u cant gank anything, when that happens just roam and try to find something to do.

but my last win i got carried, so u can get lucky sometimes

McFace

11-17-2012

I win by supporting my teammates. Top lane getting pushed hard to turret? I signal a gank and head up there. Mid lane feeding or just having problems? Offer assistance or just take over lane while they are dead.

I tend to ask people if they need help. Some people get offended and think I am insulting them or their playing, but the smart ones take the help. And of course if you are having difficulties don't be afraid to step up and ask for elp yourself! When the team is working as a team you win more games. Simple as that.

KnightxSScarlett

11-17-2012

I win by only playing Singed top.

Wallowizzerd

11-17-2012

1. Win your lane - General rule of thumb is win your lane and win the game.

2. Help other lanes win their lane - If you're playing top and you've just taken the turret and the enemy top laner is mia or dead, then go to a different lane (Mid, for example) and help them kill the enemy mid laner and take the turret.

3. Play OP champions - You're going to have a much better chance of winning games if you're playing what people would consider an OP champion.

4. Wards - Buy wards regardless of what role you are playing. Wards win games. Every time you go back to base buy 1 or 2 wards, they will most likely save you/ a team mate or help you secure a kill on the enemy jungler who is trying to steal your red buff.

5. Try and play with friends - Playing with a friend or multiple friends helps remove another random player from your group which means you're going to have more communication and more trustworthy and consistent players.

6. Creep score - Always. Always. Always last hit a creep, the better you get at this the more you will be able to get yourself a full build quicker. A good goal for creep score is about 70-80 by the 10 minute mark.

Those are my tips on how to win, they work for me so hopefully they'll work for you and anyone else too.

th3xd3coy

11-17-2012

if you are jungling then normally you wanna wait to see what youre gonna need team comp wise. Does your team have too much ap or ad, do you have a tank or off tank, how much cc do you need to make a gank successful based on the damage output of your team mates? there tends to be a lot more involved in choosing a jungle champ than there is in any lane choice. people dont like to jungle because most of the time you dont get to play the champ you want to. dont forget to stand in a lane when you need to.

RAWRitsJ3zza

11-17-2012

There are a few variables that might be hindering your late game phase. To start off while jungling if you're getting underleveled or feeding lanes it'll make it harder on the laners and your ganks. Secondly your build might be bringing you down massively, I wouldnt have a clue as to how you build so don't take it to heart but when I was fairly new to jungling that was my key problem. Thirdly the champion you play as can be a problem if you go into late game, I started out as WW (and i was pretty terrible so don't hate on me) but in late game i just found it too hard to keep up, where as Maokai or Amumu I find I'm still a good help to the team. Also it is a TEAM game so not all of it is on you! if you have a bad team you may just have to cut your losses and hope for better luck next time.

BlackDiamondFox

11-17-2012

Make sure you're keeping your farm up throughout the game. Even if you're ahead, don't stop farming. Keep track of when dragon and Baron are up.
Don't overextend or jump into fights that you can't win. Some people with ults like Morg, Kennen or Malph need to go in to make full use but don't have their team behind them, get themselves killed and then it's a 4v5.
Make sure you're keeping track of enemy summoner spells and ults. It can make the difference if you know they can't flash or secure a kill with ignite.
Time your ganks so that you aren't just walking into the lane without thinking. If someone has a stun, wait for them to use it to go into the gank.
When it comes to late game, make sure someone has an oracles. You want to make sure your team has 100% map control and that the enemy team doesn't know where you're roaming.

vulgarwolf

11-17-2012

Why is it teams after a team fight will rush to kill dragon, or buy things..instead of pushing a turret...dragon respawns turret doesnt...

you can win a game by killing turrets and not enemies
you cant win a game by killing enemies and not turrets