Riven vs Darius vs Jayce vs Draven vs Leona

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lone Leone

11-17-2012

Im looking for a 6300 IP champ and they are the one who I like
Whos better at teamfights?
1v1?
Has a great escape?
and is great for someone who is new?
And please state the reason why he/she is better than anyone in the list
And of course who is worth it?
Oh yeah if someone ask I like Someone who has great escape at the same time he/she can survive 1v1 and teamfights

Fs Son0fSilas

11-17-2012

Have you played ANY of them? Have you every even fought ANY OF THEM?

You might want to wait until a free week, considering that IP would be better spent on completely filling 2 level 30 rune pages. Yeah, I would wait, sir.

Not to mention that not all of these will share the same qualities and what one person may enjoy, another may not.

NullAurelian

11-17-2012

I wouldn't say one champion is inherently better than another, because at the core a good champion for you has to be one you understand. All we can give you are quantitative facts, since opinions differ from person to person.

Riven: Her mobility is high - two of her skills actively move you around and because she doesn't rely on any resources, you can simply spam abilities to get around really quickly. At the same time, she is fairly squishy and doesn't have much survivability when CC'ed or actively focused by an opponent team.

Darius: Darius has a lower mobility than Riven, but makes up for it with tankiness and damage. However, being a fairly slow champion, he lacks inherent 'escapes' (thus flash/ghost has to be used to run away). Also, he puts out damage, which while good, lacks the team disrupting ability most champions of his type have (I.E knock-ups and stuns).

Jayce: Jayce is currently in a good spot right now. His strength is the flexibility of his 'kit' (abilities). The ability to switch between ranged and melee attacks is very strong for his type. Still, compared to other champions who attack from a distance, his range is fairly small. Also, his attacks are very predictable once you've seen them enough times.

DRAAAVVVEENNN: Does things with style. Draven is a ranged auto attacker who can deal high damage once he builds his items. He isn't tanky, and he lacks fool-proof escapes, but at the end of the game, he will be the one most likely to burn away your hit points. As a champion, he relies on positioning and his teammates to keep him safe while the damage is dealt. You will want good last-hitting skills with him, since he is an item dependent character.

Leona: Cue parrot. Leona is a tanky champion, but isn't the best for outputting damage by herself. Her abilities are focused around utility and teamwork. Her passive, while strong, cannot be used by her own attacks. Instead, another teammate is required to 'proc' the damage that is puts out. A aggressive supporter, she doesn't escape from a fight so much as initiate it. However,, all of her abilities require a coordinated team. Should she start the fight and nobody is willing to back her up, she will wither away under focused fire.

Final notes: (If you expected a TL: DR, you are bad and should feel bad)
Why are you set on a 6300IP champion? There are cheaper ones that are comparable or even better for lower prices. Don't get blinkered by the prices, they only give you the relative age of a champion.
Good luck. And like KingSilas said (and the whole community will say), try the champion out before buying them. It will save you from grief later on.

AJStarhiker

11-17-2012

I haven't played the others, but I mained Leona for awhile. She's great when you sync well with your partner/team, but her kit relies on her jumping into the middle of a fight. If you have a good partner, you can easily run a kill lane. On the down side, if you you time initiations badly or your teamates don't follow up, it's often a quick death and easy to pick up accusations of feeding.

Don't get me wrong, I love playing her, it's just that she can be rough if you and your lane partner don't work well together.

Vergil

Recruiter

11-17-2012

I'd say Darius and Jayce are the best of the two. Too lazy to go into detail but Draven and Riven have some flaws while Darius and Jayce seem to be overall just great pics and fit well with a lot of teams.

trg1234

11-17-2012

I would say if you like ad then darius, jayce, and draven is for you. Since I played all of these before I'll tell you how they work:

Darius: Darius has a really strong game no matter where. You want to play aggressive with him but not too agressive since he has no escape abilities. Once you reach level 6 you want to start harrasing a lot and getting health down. When you think you can finish him make him cocky flash q-e-w-auto attack-q and r him that should finish him. Darius is a very bursty bruiser.

Jayce: Jayce is still strong despite the buff they had on him. I would say use his e-q combo in range mode more scarcely. Keep in mind that his ranged mode is one of the least ranges in the game. You want to keep switching stances since it doesn't cost you any mana while it gives you good mobility and the next autoattack deals a bonus effect. Jayce has great mobility but in teamfights he doesn't play as much as a role you should harass people while you're waiting with e and q

Draven : I have the least experience with this guy but I think you should build him as a major dps carry. He does is a damage over time so I would make frozen mallet or phage a priority as you need to stick to the target to kill.

Leona: Leona is a really fun to play. I don't know how to describe her but I would always build her full tank her abilities don't scale a lot with ap so you should play as a support tank. She has a lot of cc Her combo is usually when people get in range of her e turn on w wait some time use e (make sure your lane partner is with you) autoattack-q and finally r him and that should finish almost any champion

Lone Leone

11-17-2012

Quote:
Final notes: (If you expected a TL: DR, you are bad and should feel bad)
Why are you set on a 6300IP champion? There are cheaper ones that are comparable or even better for lower prices. Don't get blinkered by the prices, they only give you the relative age of a champion.
Good luck. And like KingSilas said (and the whole community will say), try the champion out before buying them. It will save you from grief later on.
Because I got 6300 IP

himynameisdanny

Senior Recruiter

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Leone View Post
Im looking for a 6300 IP champ and they are the one who I like
Whos better at teamfights?
1v1?
Has a great escape?
and is great for someone who is new?
And please state the reason why he/she is better than anyone in the list
And of course who is worth it?
Oh yeah if someone ask I like Someone who has great escape at the same time he/she can survive 1v1 and teamfights
riven,riven,riven,riven, and riven. except the part for someone who is good for somone who is new, u have to play like a few games wit riven till u get used to her, and after that ur good. best thing is escape utility. her e is a getaway and a shield, her q is a getaway and a damage dealer, her w can ALSO be used as a getaway. best part, she has no mana, spam all her ****. and yea shes totally worth it, and team fights. jump in wit e, q all of em, or w and then q and then pop ur active ult