Zed's ult

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

11-17-2012

Just understood why it's damage is so underwhelming.

Not getting into the part where his mobility sucks, or how W has an animation time, or how his range in general is pitiful, the reliance on W which has a massive cooldown or how the lack of CC makes it so any champion with mobility OR flash can hardcounter him by avoiding all damage by leaping/flashing away the second the ultimate animation ends.

But the issue is the following, first, his ultimate is a % damage, at low levels, your total damage is lower, on top of that, youget a lower %damage on his ult, seriously, 20 ****ing % damage.

So assuming you handed your whole combo and did 400 damage after armor reduction, your friggen ult just hit the target for one auto-attack+20% of that, which is 80 damage, on a ****ing ult....

But wait, that's not all, it's physical damage, which means it will also get reduced by armor, so in fact, you deal much less damage than listed.

Just kinda noticed this when I ulted a nidalee earlier today, she was left with about 50~100% so I moved to try and kill another target, and my ult's damage failed to deal the damage a lvl 1 skill of some chars would. Pitiful indeed.

And this is the ultimate of an assassin.

LordTobiothan

11-17-2012

Lets say you just hit level 6, how in gods name did you only do 400 damage in 3 seconds?

E double Q (triple if your awesome) aa, aa, E again.

By level 6 you have what a BT? so 200 ad? 300 on each E, 500 if you land double Q, two autos for 400 more. so the ult does 20% of that + 200 more. At level 6 that's a dead champ.

Siky

11-17-2012

l2p basically, Vlad's Ult doesn't do more than his Q if you don't follow-up either.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTobiothan View Post
Lets say you just hit level 6, how in gods name did you only do 400 damage in 3 seconds?
Armor.

Solotop Nidalee, boots and all the **** required.
Might actually have been even less than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siky View Post
l2p basically, Vlad's Ult doesn't do more than his Q if you don't follow-up either.
Vlad's ult deals a LOT more than his Q, specially if your team's making use of it.

Zed's can't be used by others, Zed's isn't AoE, Zed is an assassin, just said I hit all skills, proper rune page and items, neither was fed.

BlargCow

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

the mark at the end is calculated pre-mitigation

xStolen

11-17-2012

i personally find the best way to combo is ( to fully commit) throw W throw ult Double E double Q couple auto attacks and should do some mass damages have seen many squishies dropped super fast

if you ult and dont do anything then it will do your basic damage i mean pretty straight forward.... dont ult unless you can follow up

Geomexis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

The percentage-based damage from Zed's ult isn't affected by armor you know...It uses the same mechanic that Tiamat does when calculating the damage.
A Rioter specifically pointed out that there is no double mitigation involved, only the one time from the initial hits.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geomexis View Post
The percentage-based damage from Zed's ult isn't affected by armor you know...It uses the same mechanic that Tiamat does when calculating the damage.
A Rioter specifically pointed out that there is no double mitigation involved, only the one time from the initial hits.
if that's true then only one problem remains

% damage scales through the entire game, starting at 50% would be acceptable.

20% of a 400 combo is still a 80 damage ult.

LordTobiothan

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nerf Plos View Post
if that's true then only one problem remains

% damage scales through the entire game, starting at 50% would be acceptable.

20% of a 400 combo is still a 80 damage ult.
read my edit, unless nid has 150+ armor at level 6 she isn't taking 400 damage from your combo, shes taking like 1100 + ult.

IS12c9caee90c700fc71890

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordTobiothan View Post
read my edit, unless nid has 150+ armor at level 6 she isn't taking 400 damage from your combo, shes taking like 1100 + ult.
At level 6 in the jungle you have a lantern.

And no Ignite.

E>Q for jungle as well, kind of mandatory else your ganks will fail (slow) and your clear speed will take a massive hit.