....Do any of you make money off of your fan fiction?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiaoLong

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by captnbaconstorm View Post
Gotta ask....
I would love to.

Starving here in my dorm room.

Frost Archer

11-18-2012

^What does it take to become a senior member?
I want to contribute to the tribunal...

Loso

11-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostArcher024 View Post
^What does it take to become a senior member?
I want to contribute to the tribunal...
Lots of posts. But Tribunal only requires lvl 20 summoner account and that has nothing to do with being a senior member.

BladeAngelx

11-18-2012

I agree with everyone else on here. I write fanfiction for fun and for practice. I've always had a fascination with writing short stories but many times I find it hard to create a dynamic character that 'feels' right. When it comes to fanfiction starting with a pre-established character makes the work a lot easier.

I agree that Riot probably wouldn't be angry with us making money from our fanfiction, but my take on the situation is that all of these stories are released online. I do not spend any money to write these stories or publish them, so I don't really need to make money in order to continue making them. I could see a difference if I were to publish them in ink where I would have overhead cost. For the most part I do it for myself because I enjoy writing, and secondly I do it for all the people who support me and my writing.

This community has become a second family to me, and I try to return that favor by releasing dynamic content and also helping other people.

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggableZombie View Post
That would actually be illegal. Since the characters are property of Riot and not our own, then making money off of them would be...not a good thing.

We all have different reasons for doing these. Most of the time it's for fun. But for me, I do it for the practice. I get to use already developed characters and make stories with them. I do have my own stories that are purely my own creation, but I use fanfiction for practice so yeah...no money.
Well in the same way some people draw rule 34 on commission, I have seen people write on commission as well.

KazuShini

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2012

Nope. We write for fun. And to improve our writing to avoid the grammar police.

Halcyonix

11-25-2012

<--- Grammar Nazi. I'm just saying.