Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

....Do any of you make money off of your fan fiction?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MiaoLong

11-17-2012

Quote:
captnbaconstorm:
Gotta ask....

I would love to.

Starving here in my dorm room.

Frost Archer

11-18-2012

^What does it take to become a senior member?
I want to contribute to the tribunal...

Loso

11-18-2012

Quote:
FrostArcher024:
^What does it take to become a senior member?
I want to contribute to the tribunal...

Lots of posts. But Tribunal only requires lvl 20 summoner account and that has nothing to do with being a senior member.

BladeAngelx

11-18-2012

I agree with everyone else on here. I write fanfiction for fun and for practice. I've always had a fascination with writing short stories but many times I find it hard to create a dynamic character that 'feels' right. When it comes to fanfiction starting with a pre-established character makes the work a lot easier.

I agree that Riot probably wouldn't be angry with us making money from our fanfiction, but my take on the situation is that all of these stories are released online. I do not spend any money to write these stories or publish them, so I don't really need to make money in order to continue making them. I could see a difference if I were to publish them in ink where I would have overhead cost. For the most part I do it for myself because I enjoy writing, and secondly I do it for all the people who support me and my writing.

This community has become a second family to me, and I try to return that favor by releasing dynamic content and also helping other people.

Dreamspitter

Recruiter

11-20-2012

Quote:
HuggableZombie:
That would actually be illegal. Since the characters are property of Riot and not our own, then making money off of them would be...not a good thing.

We all have different reasons for doing these. Most of the time it's for fun. But for me, I do it for the practice. I get to use already developed characters and make stories with them. I do have my own stories that are purely my own creation, but I use fanfiction for practice so yeah...no money.

Well in the same way some people draw rule 34 on commission, I have seen people write on commission as well.

KazuShini

11-25-2012

Nope. We write for fun. And to improve our writing to avoid the grammar police.

Halcyonix

11-25-2012

<--- Grammar Nazi. I'm just saying.