....Do any of you make money off of your fan fiction?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

captnbaconstorm

11-16-2012

Gotta ask....

Loso

11-16-2012

wtf no. We do this for fun.

HuggableZombie

11-17-2012

That would actually be illegal. Since the characters are property of Riot and not our own, then making money off of them would be...not a good thing.

We all have different reasons for doing these. Most of the time it's for fun. But for me, I do it for the practice. I get to use already developed characters and make stories with them. I do have my own stories that are purely my own creation, but I use fanfiction for practice so yeah...no money.

Geokhan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Ummm....I just made a million dollars off of mine.....Should I be running now?

:P

Swiftestblade

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuggableZombie View Post
That would actually be illegal. Since the characters are property of Riot and not our own, then making money off of them would be...not a good thing.

We all have different reasons for doing these. Most of the time it's for fun. But for me, I do it for the practice. I get to use already developed characters and make stories with them. I do have my own stories that are purely my own creation, but I use fanfiction for practice so yeah...no money.
this.

having premade characters already with back stories and personalities that can be built upon makes things much easier. Its excellent practice, and also pretty fun :P

Frost Archer

11-17-2012

Nerp

But if you were thinking about writing Fanfics JUST to make money, that is a very childish and greedy way of thinking. (no insults intended)
We do this for practice, fulfilling requests, or even just for fun.
And what HuggableZombie said.

Rinto

11-17-2012

FAN-fics. We write them because we are fans of LoL and love this game and its cast of fantastic characters.

Frost Archer

11-17-2012

^ haha. Not really of lol the game. It is hard. I just love the lores

Cerubois

11-17-2012

I considered taking donations after a couple people suggested it... But then I decided it would be a little dishonest.
I don't write for money, even if it would be nice. And if people donated in the hopes that I'd produce more content faster, I'd feel like I lied to them.

I don't think Riot would be too concerned about us making money off their ideas, provided it wasn't a significant amount. I've seen plenty of people taking commissions over in the Fanart section.

Trolosaurus

11-17-2012

I write mainly to entertain others and myself.