S3 Jungle changes and the meta

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Asakyun

11-16-2012

-return of sustain junglers, as expected
-makes many "junglers" unviable (also expected)

But how will this change the meta?

Based on the leashing change, the mid laner will no longer be able to give effective leashes, unless he misses out on the first 3-4 CS

The job of providing extra damage on leashes will probably be relegated to the support, because the support can spare the time to help the jungler leash

Thus, the AD carry/support will most likely start in whichever lane is closest to the jungler's starting buff, creating multiple 2v1 situations

Which changes the meta to stuff we've seen a lot in tournaments:

- solo side lanes are picked to survive a 1v2/1v3 situation
- duo side lanes are picked to take maximal advantage of a 2v1 situation, like the Korean push meta (w/ nunu support, it's completely viable to take a turret at 5 minutes in a 2v1 situation)

Energy junglers/manaless/can go without blue start junglers will be highly desirable in order to give the team a choice to have a 2v2 and 1v1 lane, rather than 2v1 / 1v2

TNine27

11-16-2012

I don't think the 1v2 situation will happen--Dragon is more important than leashing.

CloudedInSanity

11-16-2012

What you are talking about has nothing to do with "meta". Stop throwing the word around if you have no idea what it means...

/thread

Asakyun

11-16-2012

A meta is what is deemed to be the most effective way of playing a game : if this is the most effective way to play the game, then this is the meta.

Eat Orange Be K

11-16-2012

If what I've been seeing on PBE is any indication, it's not going to be an issue as much of "who's going to help the jungler" as it is "no one's going to help the jungler, even though they need it more now."

Asakyun

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Orange Be K View Post
If what I've been seeing on PBE is any indication, it's not going to be an issue as much of "who's going to help the jungler" as it is "no one's going to help the jungler, even though they need it more now."

But as you know, people in PBE are generally even worse than what you see in solo queue, so what you see in PBE may not be what develops in live

Noric

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eat Orange Be K View Post
PBE is a really bad place to see this testing(a lot of these people wont normally leash). Although i had a game where i actually got to nosmite my blue as sejuani on there earlier - it shocked me.

CloudedInSanity

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by xAsakix View Post
A meta is what is deemed to be the most effective way of playing a game : if this is the most effective way to play the game, then this is the meta.
Changing your support to be top lane with your ADC is NOT a meta shift. It is a LANE SWITCH. Big difference.

A meta shift would be if you started to have 2 people jungling and no support. Or 2 Hard APs, Bruiser w/ Support and a jungler.