Should I play normal games?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jacoby Ellsbury

11-16-2012

I'm currently lvl 10 so I'm still new, and I'm not sure if I should continue playing against AI or jump in a normal game.I'm still learning and have been only playing for like 2 months. I've read not to get runes till lvl 20 so I have no runes. I've mostly played with Ashe, Ezreal, Morgana, Soraka Kha'Zix and Talon. I wouldn't say I've mastered any of them but I'm pretty good with Ezreal and Talon. Also is there a forum for beginner teams? So we could have like some kind of constant group to strategize with and use skype to make things easier. I've seen some recruitment for teams and stuff like that but its all lvl 30s. Thanks for taking the time to look at this!

Confirm4Crit

11-16-2012

You might wanna try some of the in game group chats for lowbie teams. I'd personally say if you feel comfortable, there's nothing wrong with trying a normal. You might get feedback to improve your play, too

Thessalonike

11-16-2012

try it if you find you are not enjoying it you can always go back to bots.

Deathremar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

try it, you wont lose nothing, youll learn quicker this way even in defeat ;D

the flail

11-17-2012

I think you should go for it.I started out playing normal and found that it was easier getting into the flow of the game faster, and it also helps you get used to trolls and the like early on.

Mauru

11-17-2012

Level 10 should be around where most smurfs are getting weeded out, so go for it. Just don't get discouraged if you get stomped right off the bat; if I remember correctly there's a hidden ELO even when leveling so matchmaker will eventually put you up against similar skilled opponents. Personally I find low-level opponents easier than even the Intermediate bots.

Also LoL University has a chat that's pretty helpful if you have questions about stuff (builds, runes, etc). It's mostly made up of 30s though, so I don't know how easily you can find a group. I'd give them a shot though.