Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Reinboom/Shop Devs: API for RecItems now? :O

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-19-2012

p.s. Reinboom please see this thread (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2818593) for a massive problem tia

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
The left pane should actually show "*", not the other way around. * is small text special (done for localization purposes) and "Special" is full width explanation.
I honestly like "Special" a lot more for the price under the icon, since it looks like it fits the width of the icon perfectly, but maybe that's just me I assume it might overflow on smaller resolutions. Having it go down to the next line on only four items is a little annoying though, look at all that wasted space, it could easily fit six or seven on my resolution.

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
Also, purchasing out an item will simply gold border it (this might change in the future, possibly. We're still investigating.)
We wanted to make sure that players could do whatever they want with the tool, not have the tool limit the player.
You could actually have a lot of different options in there, since each item is its own "item"/"count"/...more-settings objects.

Some examples: like I said in the other thread, you could have "desc":"DOUBLE SWORDS" for custom descriptions. "vanish_on_purchase":"1" might force the item to go away when you buy it. Maybe "hide_other_items":"3009,3047" so you could hide alternatives when you purchase something (for example, hide other boots when you purchase one, or hide Lich Bane if you purchase Frozen Fist, hide Trinity Force if you purchase Frozen Mallet, etc.).

You've got a lot of room to work with features here.

ploki122

11-19-2012

Hmmm... Still working on mine, but it might not be all white spaces/line feeds who are accepted...

EDIT : ****, back to square one, apparently I flawed my backup...

EDIT2 : wow nvm... my bad... I removed the initial { -.-'

Ozball

11-19-2012

Really looking forward to this! Using the current custom items system on Live and loving it (flat mates think I'm crazy though :P). Wish I could help out on the PBE but signups are currently closed So I'll just sit here and watch and drool.

One question though: Where does the list of the different builds go? Is it at the top of the item list? Or is it under those tabs at the top that currently say "Recommended" and "All items"?

EDIT: Oh also how does the "count" variable work? Does it list the item x number of times? (eg if we want 3 dorans blades in the build) If so is there an "infinite" option? For example I have wards as one of my recommended items on live to make it easier to buy them without having to traverse the menus, and it's always there in the recommended items no matter how many I buy (while normal items disappear once they're completed), but if it's listed as '"count":1' in the new system will it exhibit the same behaviour? or will it be considered complete after one buy of the item?

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-19-2012

Quote:
Ozball:
One question though: Where does the list of the different builds go? Is it at the top of the item list? Or is it under those tabs at the top that currently say "Recommended" and "All items"?

Builds are just placed in the Recommended Items pane. Count just puts a number in the corner of the icon on the recommended items page, such as a 3 on a Health Potion icon. Once you buy three of these, it will be considered complete and receive a gold border around the icon, but it won't disappear or anything, so you can continue to buy it.
Quote:
ploki122:
Hmmm... Still working on mine, but it might not be all white spaces/line feeds who are accepted...

EDIT : ****, back to square one, apparently I flawed my backup...

The only time I've had an issue were when I wrote an invalid itemID (3033 instead of 3003 for Archangel's) and when I included Explorer Ward to test (which the shop does NOT like). There may be problems if you miss on a closing "quote"mark or a [{}] or comma.

Riot Reinboom

Software Engineer

11-19-2012

I will fix the recommended item page so that:
1. It has more than four per row.
2. It doesn't hard error on bad id.

It may take a bit for those improvements to get to the PBE however. I'm doing a bit of other work on the item shop right now concerning tutorials that are of a slightly higher priority.

ploki122

11-19-2012

well... my mistake is fixed, although I have no clue what it was...

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-19-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
Thanks Reinboom, you're a shining star <3

LordanHollos

11-19-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:

Maybe add the List View/Grid View buttons to the recommended items screen? It'd definitely let you see more than four items a row.

Also, I tried a custom loadout on Rengar. While I could add the other bonetooth necklaces and the head of khazix to the recommended items list, I couldn't purchase them, which is a good thing, because that would be broken.

Wriggle

Adjudicator

11-19-2012

Quote:
LordanHollos:
Maybe add the List View/Grid View buttons to the recommended items screen? It'd definitely let you see more than four items a row.

They're there, and they don't.

LordanHollos

11-19-2012

Oh. Well I need to pay better attention then. Well I see the problem now. Huge waste of space and such. Hrm, Okay.