Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot Reinboom/Shop Devs: API for RecItems now? :O

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LightEcho

12-04-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
Your right!

Laughed way too hard at this.

Vonriel

12-04-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
Your right!

*twitch*

CAMELOLZ

12-04-2012

uh.. am i missing anything?

Zerglinator

12-04-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
Your right!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Plz-bhcHryc#t=3s

profGnardian

12-04-2012

Quote:
Riot Reinboom:
With the current PBE build, you should notice a number of improvements for the custom recommended items. Some include:
* Ignores wrong map, wrong mode, and bad id items.
* Pastes 8 wide (iirc) instead of 4 wide on grid view.
* Has a different file location! %INSTALLDIR%\Config\Champions\%CHAMPID%\Recommended\*.json

This is likely the location we'll ship with (hint hint).

Since the patch is now live would setting it up here result in me being able to change my recommended items? Or is it somewhere else?

Felfire

12-04-2012

Quote:
profDEADPOOL:
Since the patch is now live would setting it up here result in me being able to change my recommended items? Or is it somewhere else?

It's there.

Rhaban

12-04-2012

Ok, LoLStudio2 v2.3.0.1 (http://lolstudio.gamereference.org) is released and the website has been updated. I only tested it in two matches because it's 04:00 AM here and I should go to bed. Luckily I have a free day tomorrow... err... today so I can test it out thoroughly. Let me know if something is wrong or doesn't work.

Big thank you @ Riot Reinboom who was very helpful here in the forum and didn't forget about people like us who like to customize their games and experience. Riot could have easily decided to ignore the custom item API for a few updates and prioritize other aspects. And more importantly, the API just works. I had to adjust absolutely nothing from untested Alpha to Beta. Trust me, that's rare.

Edit: Better safe than sorry. Here is a direct download mirror (http://www.systemreferencedocuments.org/temp/LoLStudio2-2.3.0.1.zip), should my site crash under the heavy load.

fjxokt

12-05-2012

Small precision: You can name the .json file as you like, EXCEPT as they are named by Riot (ex. AsheSR.json or AsheTT.json).
That was good to know !

Rhaban

12-05-2012

Ok, did some testing. I only found two bugs, none of them game or tool breaking. Just inconvenient:

API BUG
If there is an empty category, the category headers overlaps with the next header. Screenshot (http://i45.tinypic.com/143kizk.jpg).

TOOL BUG
Lord van Damm's Pillager and Heart of Gold cause the item set to not show in the game. The API should in my opinion just ignore them and move on because both items are at this stage not included in the game. However, my data shouldn't have those items in it and if it didn't this problem wouldn't exist. As long as you just don't use those two items in your sets (why would you) you're golden. I have adjusted the download none the less.

JordiPrice

12-05-2012

Rhaban,

I was trying to get your program to work, but I'm a complete noob at this.
Whenever I check ''Deploy'' and hit ''Save'' after, nothing happens.
I think my League of Legends Directory is correct. ''C:\Program Files\League of Legends''
Hope I'm not a complete waste of time for you. ^^

EDIT: It works now, and it's awesome, thanks!