Help! Advice needed.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

zankioh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-07-2010

I'm ready to make my first bigger purchase, after buying a ton of champs in the 450-3k region including Akali, Jax, Pantheon, Rammus, Morgana, Teemo, Garen...

Anyway, I am thinking of either getting Kennen or Twitch now. I'm ready to melt faces and I want a champ that, once played at a very good level, can do just that. Being sneaky and stuff is fun, fast attack speed and zipping around the map too.
Really having a hard time deciding.
I've thought about flipping a coin. Not because of it settling the question, but in that very brief moment the coin will be midair I'd suddenly know what I was hoping for.

Still, give me your thoughts / experiences!

edit: I forgot to say, I did play Kennen before in my first week of LoL when he was free. Had fun, but I was being nubbish and probably didn't experience his full potential at all. Never got to try Twitch.

Amiithystine

10-07-2010

Both are good really. I main Kennen, and plan on using him for many of my ranked matches, IN fact the one ranked match I've played I never died in with him. He's a really good team player with his ult and recent buffs, however, twitch is a fair ranged carry with a nice bonus of stealth (tills oracles). In my experience Kennen is better but i've heard good things of twitch.

Also twitch is a mega pubstomper.

NoobDotCom

10-07-2010

if you like dps, get twitch, if you like caster, get kennen

Ankarua

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

Kennen is a fast moving stunner, but very squishy. Twitch is a high attack speed pentakiller, but is even MORE squishy.

I've played Kennen, and most of my games went positive, because I was playing with my friends over Skype, so I could tell them when I was going to stun, but it's going to be a bit harder with him in solo queue, just because you cant tell your teammates as fast that you're going to stun people.

I haven't played Twitch yet, but I really want to. He can be a team killer played/built right, but you cant get focused, and he dies really easy to you if you catch him when you buy an oracles, so you have to know how to stay alive.

If you really want to try them both before you make a decision, I'm pretty sure this weekend everyone's free, if they got that award (I don't know if they did though).

Menthols

10-07-2010

Twitch is a map wandering ganking opportunist that feeds himself into a hard carry.. Kennen is more utility but can still carry pretty dam well if played properly. Its really going to depend on more what your looking for but IMO most well played Kennens go AP ( especially since the buffs). Twitch is pure attack damage.. so maybe that will help you decide?

As a final note if your looking more into winning games as a SOLO player.. twitch is a straight up carry.. which usually everyone and their moms pick in solo que's where Kennen brings ALOT more utility to the game with his chain stuns. I think you would have a higher chance of getting better team comps if you were sporting kennen over twitch because everyone loves carries.

Edit: Just wanted to add in that i find Kennen to be by far one of the most entertaining champs to play in the game just my opinion though

Kagetenshi

10-07-2010

Kennen has so much harassing ability. If you get in any sort of trouble, Lightning Rush away. I had a Kennen shut me down as Garen once, just because he responded to my Demacia with a shuriken to the face, followed by running away cackling.

zankioh

Recruiter

10-07-2010

Thanks for the quick responding. I see both have their ups and downs.
Also, I forgot about the free champion weekend. I think they will announce whether it happens or not today? I can hold out until then
Never buy before you try right?
At least I won't be disappointed then like with Jax... heh.
( also http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...2&d=1286301005 gangster twitch looks intriguing :P )

IMLOwl

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankarua View Post
Kennen is a fast moving stunner, but very squishy. Twitch is a high attack speed pentakiller, but is even MORE squishy.

I've played Kennen, and most of my games went positive, because I was playing with my friends over Skype, so I could tell them when I was going to stun, but it's going to be a bit harder with him in solo queue, just because you cant tell your teammates as fast that you're going to stun people.

I haven't played Twitch yet, but I really want to. He can be a team killer played/built right, but you cant get focused, and he dies really easy to you if you catch him when you buy an oracles, so you have to know how to stay alive.

If you really want to try them both before you make a decision, I'm pretty sure this weekend everyone's free, if they got that award (I don't know if they did though).
You don't have to build kennen for pure AP or hybrid. He still works well with just a little AP and magic pen and survivability items. Kennen actually can tank because he's a stun machine and has a armor/MR buff in lightning rush. I've only been pure tank in fool-around games, but I've had great success building Rylais and Abyssal Scepter then some armor or more MR, depending on their team comp. The beauty of Kennen is that he can fill several roles and you don't have to decide which one at champ select. Twitch is an awesome DPS, but that's all he is.

Also, since Kennen doesn't need mana and has short cooldowns, you can use 21 points in defensive masteries.

I suggest getting Kennen. He's one of the more versatile champs and isn't so easily countered as Twitch is by warding. Kennen is a great mid and when paired with another stunner in a side lane, can stun lock up a lot of kills or at least a ton of harrassment.

Concentration

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by zankioh View Post
Thanks for the quick responding. I see both have their ups and downs.
Also, I forgot about the free champion weekend. I think they will announce whether it happens or not today? I can hold out until then
Never buy before you try right?
At least I won't be disappointed then like with Jax... heh.
( also http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...2&d=1286301005 gangster twitch looks intriguing :P )
Err, there was an excel sheet somewhere showing how many times a champion was free. Twitch was like one of the least free champs

Anyway, I've got twitch and he's amazing in what he does best, pubstomping. You're kind of forced to run cleanse/flash though, or atleast that's what has worked for me.

Laning phase can be hard for Twitch if your last hit is underwhelming.. so arguably, lasthitting with Kennen is easier.

Anyhow, Twitch IS team reliant for sure, but less team reliant than kennen imo, if you play alot of SoloQ, I'd recommend twitch. You can easily passively farm up a lane, possibly get a gank or two when the situation calls for it, and proceed to absolutely decimate the other team in a 5v5 teamfight when you are left unchecked (or cleanse flash repositioned)

Kennen on the other hand relies a bit more on his team in order to net you wins, he ults in during teamfights, focuses the ranged squishy (or any other squishy for that matter) or stuns a noteworthy champion .. and then it's up to your team to focus what needs to be focused.