Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Level 23 and still a noob, need help, wanna be pro

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerophux

11-19-2012

When i was in your shoes, I played the hell out of YI, just a fun easy to play champ. But Definitely need to follow what the gentleman said above about playing all teh champs you can! Should be trying out every new weeks champs to get a feel. Usually a "BEST" build for each player and game but there are general builds that you can use on each type that will make due.

ADC- Phantom dancer, Infinite Edge, Blood thirster are a staple.. fill in the rest
Support - Gold per 5 items, (lucky pick, philostone, heart of gold, avarice blade) then for the most part just build these items into there better counterparts at midgame(do not build the end items til atleast 20+ you need the gp5 ) Also lots of wards.. vision is your greatest asset in game
Jungler... armor and pots then boots, and finish up wriggle latern early for a free ward and jungle shreding.. then usually some fo the ADC items arn't bad idea
APC (mid) - you'll want rod of ages, deathcap, and zhonyas hourglass/abyssal sceptor/rylais for some defensive things

Finally top, can vary alot but some tanky early items.. (hexdrinker, mallet,) finished with some damaging items. First you'll want items that help directly counter your lane, then push for damage.

Tanks- Some rush warmogs, but I prefer health + mitigation.. So i like randuins (has heart of gold gp5 first.. which will help ) and sunfire cap, force of nature, if you get mogs (atmas is a good choice for armor and dmg)

Hope this helps, honestly If its been a bad day, i revert to the simpler days, veiger, yi, Mundo cuz there easier and work well at lower levels

Zerophux

11-19-2012

Also, like they said above, its a tough world out there in league, but the quickest way to learn is do something, take the criticism and learn from it. Also quit playing vs. Bots.. they won't teach you nearly as much as the pvp world !

NeoGriim

11-20-2012

I do like alister, haven't played as the other two yet. I've been shuffling around different players. I'm glad Janna is a free choice this week cause I've been looking at her, she's decently cheap but I've only ever seen her played 1 time and I wanted to try her before I bought her. I'm glad I did because I don't know if I like her all that much. She's decently good at support but she doesn't have a heal like some other supports have which makes her a bit more difficult to lane with. Her shield is great mid battle but if you're laning with someone that doesn't know what they're doing you find that you waste it a lot when you see an opportunity for them to attack where they don't.

Also, I bought nasus a while back and hadn't played him again until yesterday, I gotta say with all the extra runes and mastery points he's much better than he was before when I was playing him. I bought soraka, haven't had a chance to play with her yet but I'm trying to find a chance to do support in a game. Also, saw we needed a jungler in a game and picked nunu and I have to say, when there's another jungler, I suck hardcore at that, so I think I'll wait until I'm more experienced to try that again.

NeoGriim

11-20-2012

Thanks for all the help Zero, you're right, I'm only gonna play with bots to play a character for the first time just to learn their abilities and such, then I'll move straight into pvp.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

11-20-2012

please don't ever say you want to be pro. it's not worth sacrificing school work relationships and sports/health/fitness. you take time to get good at lol this is time you won't ever get back and could been spent getting good at something else.

TechnalityPulse

11-20-2012

I can't say much that hasn't been said before...

Experience means all. If you feel the need to play a bot match or 2 to get the hang of a champion? Do it. But afterwards, always always go into PvP. Bots play very very differently from real players, which are constant variables, while bots are rather predictable. Also suggesting this, even if some people consider it "bad", make a new account and start just playing PvP on it, all the time. No more bot games. You'll start with really new players most of the time, and learn on an easier curve than starting PvP at level 23.

If you ever feel the need to quit for a bit? F**king do it. I quit for months at a time sometimes, because this game can be overwhelming, especially with the constant changes being made, and the while sometimes truthful, rather harsh and angry community.

But follow the advice flooding in for you, as well as you can add me, and maybe we can play ourselves silly with a few really cool friends of mine, and maybe you can bring some of your own? Sometimes I can lose my head though, so don't get discouraged if I get a bit mad. I try to keep a good attitude toward this game. My summoner name is DemonixPlague, if you decide you want to. Happy Teemo killing!

NeoGriim

11-21-2012

I added you demonix, I haven't ever really wanted to quit the game, at best I take a break for a day or two but I'm always back on if I have a good enough net connection. I've followed a lot of the advice and I've only had a trully bad game one time and that was the one I was jungling with Nunu while playing with someone with a higher elo than me which meant everyone else was better in general. I didn't get totally wrecked however I realized I wasn't that great at counter jungling because every time I jungle solo I don't have another jungler against me. On top of that my team was a bit ticked I picked nunu instead of malphite and to be honest nunu is really the only champ I'm good at jungling with because of his heals and speed.

Crank Shape

11-21-2012

Add me bro, me and my friend will help you out

NeoGriim

11-21-2012

Sent you a request Crank.

auralzz

11-21-2012

You can add me if you still need more help