Please Explain...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deãth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaykoboy View Post
Because it has been scientifically proven that human beings are morons.
Good point xD

Deãth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeppaNil View Post
I fear spiders and that's why I kill them, regardless of innocence. Does that mean I hate spiders?
Not necessarily but the same can be said about the inverse, no?

Jesus the Friend

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deth View Post
See i completely agree with this, but why does society say that only for homosexuals a dislike is fear?
Ever heard of femi nazis?
They(Femi Nazis) claim that all non manginas are "woman haters".

What you describe is not only applied to homosexuals.

Exoctane

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeppaNil View Post
I fear spiders and that's why I kill them, regardless of innocence. Does that mean I hate spiders?
I love spiders

They tickle my arm hair when they walk on me

Fujiou

11-16-2012

In this day and age, nobody would reasonably be afraid of homosexuals.

However, back when orthodox Christianity was around, homosexuals were seen as terrifying men who did the devil's work, possibly in an attempt to bring the wraith of god upon themselves and their fellow men.

The term has carried over from this time. For lack of a better word, it is now used to describe those who dislike homosexuals. However you use the term, it is describing people who are either misinformed or filled with irrational contempt.

DrakenViator

11-16-2012

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.” ~ Master Yoda.

Where Yoda may not (or may depending on your closely held beliefs) be real, but there is some real truth in theses words. People tend to fear and hate things hand in hand. I think this is often why people say that those who hate homosexuals, have homophobia. Hate in general is often caused by a unreasonable fear of something they don't understand.

EDIT: And also remember hate is often taught from generation to generation. Where you may not 'fear' homosexuals those who taught others to hate them, may do so out of fear.