Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please Explain...

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deãth

11-16-2012

Can someone explain to me why people say a hatred for homosexuals is homophobia. Is it impossible to just have a hate for something?

Semper Damnatus

11-16-2012

well actually homophobia is a fear of homosexuals, so the way people use it is wrong to begin with.

Shuga Buns

11-16-2012

As Morgan Freeman has said, nobody is homophobic because they are not scared, they are just *******s. I don't believe that anyone is homophobic.

EDIT: My bad. He never said that, but it was attributed to him.

Jesus the Friend

11-16-2012

Quote:
SemperFedeles:
well actually homophobia is a fear of homosexuals, so the way people use it is wrong to begin with.

This.

Homo = Same.
Phobia = Fear.

Together they are... WYLD STALLYNS!

Kohana Sushi

11-16-2012

This question makes me throw up a little.

Deãth

11-16-2012

Quote:
Fruity Flowers:
This question makes me throw up a little.

Why's that?

Jaykoboy

11-16-2012

He's asking a simple question; why do we give a term to something like this? It may be really, really mean, but he's wondering why we don't call hatred of anything _____phobia.

The simple answer was stated above. Homophobia is the actual fear of homosexuals. It is not the hatred of them; you could be completely homosexual-tolerant but not be able to stand within ten feet of them. It doesn't sound logical, but think of it this way...

I like spiders. I think they're cool. I think they're useful. But I'm scared to death of them. I don't hate spiders, but I still have arachnophobia. The same works for homophobia.

Deãth

11-16-2012

Quote:
Jaykoboy:
He's asking a simple question; why do we give a term to something like this? It may be really, really mean, but he's wondering why we don't call hatred of anything _____phobia.

The simple answer was stated above. Homophobia is the actual fear of homosexuals. It is not the hatred of them; you could be completely homosexual-tolerant but not be able to stand within ten feet of them. It doesn't sound logical, but think of it this way...

I like spiders. I think they're cool. I think they're useful. But I'm scared to death of them. I don't hate spiders, but I still have arachnophobia. The same works for homophobia.

See i completely agree with this, but why does society say that only for homosexuals a dislike is fear? And further more if you can understand that they aren't the same, why can't others?

Quision

11-16-2012

I fear spiders and that's why I kill them, regardless of innocence. Does that mean I hate spiders?

Jaykoboy

11-16-2012

Quote:
Deãth:
See i completely agree with this, but why does society say that only for homosexuals a dislike is fear? And further more if you can understand that they aren't the same, why can't others?

Because it has been scientifically proven that human beings are morons.