[Featured Discussion] The S3 versions of Manamune and Archangel's Staff

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Malah

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryptomine View Post
Also Yorick...
Yorick at least has to actually reach you to smash in your face.

Urgot just has to go fish until a grenade lands the mark and then go cap the bot point.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

it's worth getting rid of them. roa and AA need non stacking replacements

TOP10 ELO

11-17-2012

Disable them, lots of mana isn't needed on Crystal scar

DiscworldDeath

11-19-2012

I think the issue is, if you do get these items, the nature of mana and mana-regen on Dominion/TT make them quite a bit stronger. You're going to get mana back much more rapidly, negating much of the cost of their abilities, and letting those abilities be stronger when used.

Also, right now Tear and its descendants are bugged, at least on PBE, and you can charge them multiple times within 2 seconds, which is a concern...
Submitting a PBE report about it, but Nome, if you see it, pass it through as well >.>

Snoop Nome

Game Designer

11-19-2012
4 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscworldDeath View Post
I think the issue is, if you do get these items, the nature of mana and mana-regen on Dominion/TT make them quite a bit stronger. You're going to get mana back much more rapidly, negating much of the cost of their abilities, and letting those abilities be stronger when used.

Also, right now Tear and its descendants are bugged, at least on PBE, and you can charge them multiple times within 2 seconds, which is a concern...
Submitting a PBE report about it, but Nome, if you see it, pass it through as well >.>
Tear uses an internal charge system that banks up to 3 charges at once to help out burst casters. It's been this way for a while!

Tobasco da Gama

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Tear uses an internal charge system that banks up to 3 charges at once to help out burst casters. It's been this way for a while!
News to me! It's not stated at all in the item text, and the League Wiki doesn't seem to know that either.

Lancefighter

11-19-2012

What about just letting it charge passively in some way? Alternatively, after x minutes of being in your inventory, it automatically upgrades itself?

Say, I am holding onto the archangels staff, and after 10 minutes of doing so, it will upgrade?
Possibly consider also the 'after x levels' like the miracle, or even just 'at 18, it upgrades'?

I am not sure that just lowering the cap is the right way to go about this.

DiscworldDeath

11-19-2012

Considering the upgraded items are stronger on Dominion due to the nature of mana-regen, it's a trade-off with you being less likely to get them, to a degree.

blah12321blah

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
I agree that this isn't explained clearly enough ingame. However it better stay this way. Tear is way too long to charge already.

I mean look at it this way: you want Muramana or Seraph's. The cost to get them includes the gold, but also the 20 mins on average to charge one Tear. No matter how good of a score you get, it won't charge any faster than if you sucked and were gold-starved.

When i saw the new items i immediately wanted to try a super-mana-heavy build by stacking such items, only to find out that when one "Mana Charge" item is filled, others are reset to zero.

That is one of the few things i'll miss about season 2:
if you dedicated your build, runes and masteries to being a railgun on a stick by going Rabadon's + 3 Archangel's (or 2 & GA) + Void Staff + Sorc shoes, you could play a true AP burst assassin (not recommended on short/mid-range mages), because the first stacked Archangel's would instantly set the charge of new ones to its own, creating multiplicative stats (mana * AP * rabadon's) for glass cannon nukers.
Worked wonders on Ziggs and Xerath, who were already not in such a good spot. Don't kill them more please.

Why have so many new itemization options for AP's if you remove their only utility-less, balls deep cruise missile build? Burst damage is the only thing necessarily expected from a mid these days, other than CC, it makes no sense removing it.

It's as if suddenly Crit chance stacked multiplicatively for AD's, except worse.

I really liked the cost decrease to start charging Tear earlier (R.I.P Meki), but the charge reset is a much stronger factor than buying it 300 gold earlier really.

FDru

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by blah12321blah View Post
I agree that this isn't explained clearly enough ingame. However it better stay this way. Tear is way too long to charge already.

I mean look at it this way: you want Muramana or Seraph's. The cost to get them includes the gold, but also the 20 mins on average to charge one Tear. No matter how good of a score you get, it won't charge any faster than if you sucked and were gold-starved.

When i saw the new items i immediately wanted to try a super-mana-heavy build by stacking such items, only to find out that when one "Mana Charge" item is filled, others are reset to zero.

That is one of the few things i'll miss about season 2:
if you dedicated your build, runes and masteries to being a railgun on a stick by going Rabadon's + 3 Archangel's (or 2 & GA) + Void Staff + Sorc shoes, you could play a true AP burst assassin (not recommended on short/mid-range mages), because the first stacked Archangel's would instantly set the charge of new ones to its own, creating multiplicative stats (mana * AP * rabadon's) for glass cannon nukers.
Worked wonders on Ziggs and Xerath, who were already not in such a good spot. Don't kill them more please.

Why have so many new itemization options for AP's if you remove their only utility-less, balls deep cruise missile build? Burst damage is the only thing necessarily expected from a mid these days, other than CC, it makes no sense removing it.

It's as if suddenly Crit chance stacked multiplicatively for AD's, except worse.

I really liked the cost decrease to start charging Tear earlier (R.I.P Meki), but the charge reset is a much stronger factor than buying it 300 gold earlier really.
Nobody cares about SR.

(hah, always wanted to say that)