[Featured Discussion] The S3 versions of Manamune and Archangel's Staff

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

HaIfhearted

11-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominus Arts View Post
I really feel sad that these kind of topics are created by Rioters only on NA forum. I think both EU platforms have a right to take part in balancing things around since their playstyle and itemization differs a bit from NA.
I've seen the EUW Dominion forums. They're almost totally devoid of life.
Not really much of a grounds for discussion.

You wanna mention different playstyles/builds, do so here.
Different opinions/views on these things from other high level players are always welcome.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-24-2012

Don't worry halfhearted Europe peeps know how to change euw to na in the address bar ^_^

Dominus Arts

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HaIfhearted View Post
I've seen the EUW Dominion forums. They're almost totally devoid of life.
Not really much of a grounds for discussion.

You wanna mention different playstyles/builds, do so here.
Different opinions/views on these things from other high level players are always welcome.
At first glance You might be right, because it really seems like EUW is pretty much dead but let me assure You that looks can be decieving.

In contrast to NA, EUW doesn't care about trivial topics that are simply a waste of time. Why should I care about topics like: "Time to check my runes" or "Dominion not fun anymore " or "One Tier List to rule them all" if they don't concern me at all. Even though these kind of topics seem to be active for most people, in my eyes they are as good as dead because I prefer quality over quantity.

I also don't see much of a reason to make all people from EUW create lvl 5 accounts on NA just to take part in forum.

@RiotNome, if You read this, please do me a favor and copy topics regarding item balance discussions etc. to EUW and EUNE forums and I'll assure You - You'll get your feedback.

Best Regards

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catnium View Post
Don't worry halfhearted Europe peeps know how to change euw to na in the address bar ^_^
This is why I prefer quality over quantity

ShadowBlue13

11-24-2012

The only time I was able to fully charge a Manamune was as Skarner constantly mashing q wherever Iwent. I did hit 1000 around 3/4 of the way through the game, but there are not as many champs that have low cooldown, low mana cost, no target spell. Only Skarner, Karthus, Urgot, and Olaf tossing his ax around come to mind (not counting Kassadin because his ulti gets mana expensive to spam) I'm sure I missed a few though. Like it has been mentioned, lowering the max mana on an item that is supposed to give you mana weakens the item, but increasing the stack generation could make it even harder to face one of those spamming champs early game. I think we should either slightly lower the max mana but increase some of the stats on the items, or increase the stack generation but decrease the damage stats and keep the mana related stats the same.

Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R

11-24-2012

I think the 750 cap is fine, but you should get more mana per spell use. Or it should work like RoA and passively charge itself. I dislike how it is necessary to spam spells out of combat to max tear.

Tortferngatr

11-24-2012

As a brief side note to Dominus Arts: "One Tier List to Rule them All" is made by the guy who is arguably the Elementz of NA Dominion. Just saying :P.

Dominus Arts

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tortferngatr View Post
As a brief side note to Dominus Arts: "One Tier List to Rule them All" is made by the guy who is arguably the Elementz of NA Dominion. Just saying :P.
I always try to treat everyone equally, so as long as the content of the topic concerns me, it doesn't matter if it was written by Bench King or not.

Sauron

11-24-2012

Doesn't matter who wrote a popular tier list. Everyone is entitled to their opinions and there's nothing stopping others from making their own tier lists.

Hell, with the last update the contents of my own tier list hardly concern me. 6-10 BFTs every single game. Next patch where?!

urmamasllama

11-24-2012

That's why I've been on the pbe

KaWraith

11-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryzol Ryzo Ryz R View Post
I think the 750 cap is fine, but you should get more mana per spell use. Or it should work like RoA and passively charge itself. I dislike how it is necessary to spam spells out of combat to max tear.
I suggested this also.
Nome said he also dislikes spamming spells out of combat to charge the item.

I think optimally it should be changed to whenever you deal damage with a spell (or just damage to champions), and charge at a faster rate... (the new pickpocket mastery demonstrates that it should be feasible to make that kind of change within existing features.)

putting a specific time limit on the item should also work, as most champions who get tear for something rush it anyway.