Here's an idea. 5v5 Normals

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

InTecknicolour

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Riot should let teams of 5 queue up to play normal matches. The queue would use matchmaking to match teams with similar avg elo.

So it would be premade teams of 5s playing premade teams of five with a similar elo rating.

I'm tired of going to custom games and waiting a long time for scrim teams to show up.
Then they are either way above our skill level or way below it.

Riot should do this 5v5 normal queue in order to encourage better ranked team play.

Thoughts?

Drag0nBread

11-16-2012

Why not just play rank 5v5... If things really go bad and you cant stand low elo then its not like its hard to make a new team and start over.

InTecknicolour

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drag0nBread View Post
Why not just play rank 5v5... If things really go bad and you cant stand low elo then its not like its hard to make a new team and start over.
Because teams want to practice without the trouble of having to get into ranked games where practice is not something you do. In ranked 5v5s, you bring your strongest team comps, not your practice comps.

adc

11-16-2012

Here's where I'm going to blow your mind:

You can queue as 5 in normal draft.

Holy SH**

Drag0nBread

11-16-2012

Then make a troll team to try all your comps in. They don't have a limit on how many teams you can make (as far as I know) so it shouldn't be a problem.

InTecknicolour

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AD Bottom View Post
Here's where I'm going to blow your mind:

You can queue as 5 in normal draft.

Holy SH**
It would be a premade team of 5 versus a team of non premades then.

That's hardly a good practice when the other team doesn't have the benefit of skype, knowing each other's strengths etc.

adc

11-16-2012

You should be practicing your teamwork, which you can do whether or not you're against a group. If you queue as five, you'll be weighted to play against higher players (a group of 5 at 1200 Elo would be considered higher - say, 1500 Elo. Though I'm not sure on the exact numbers, that's the basic idea).

So if you group as 5, you might start out playing against bads. But if you're consistently winning, you'll start playing against better players who don't need skype to compete with you.