Sona....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necks

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spellsy View Post
lol this is so dumb.

yea we need more forced synergy and forced team roles down our throats so we dont have to come up with any strategies ourself, that way there is no way for improvisation, there is only cookie cutter, and we can all live in harmony knowing we dont have to have any thought going into team picks, rather just pick one healer, one tank, one physical dps, one magical dps, and one utility!

yea lets evolve the game guys! steer into the direction of forced team roles and clueless sheep that need to be told what their hero does!
Viability of heal/kiting, AoE, and other team metas make the competitive scene much more varied than the typical tanky DPS stacking. Sona makes these team strategies equally as viable. I'm a fan of more options.

'Tard.

Escad

10-07-2010

My Janna will eat your Sona alive in any game.

Don't get me wrong, Sona is nice, but she doesn't bring a lot to the table that janna doesn't also.

*Janna has a more spammable form of CC.

*Janna has a global movespeed buff that is permanent.

*Janna's shield is far superior to heals, since it's unnaffected by the healing reduction that is becoming more and more prevalent.

*While Janna doesn't do much for casters, her shield on your carry does more than Sona's aura does for your carry, albeit it's single target and not an aoe.

*Janna's ult is a position changer/heal/slow. Her ult changes teamfights much more than Sona's single short AoE CC.

The thing is, Sona isn't super strong healwise without ap, and you need cdr to make full use of her aura's, which is what she really brings. Without cdr, the aura's are falling off for periods of time.

Kagetenshi

10-07-2010

I play her a lot, and even I admit Sona is freaking OP.

Her skills have a low cooldown, and even her ult, at level 3 + CDR is < 60 seconds (Not sure how low I got it, but it was pretty dang low). Her healing/harrass moves are really spammable, she's a free pair of boots, and give her an Archangels staff and she won't run out of mana. Period. If she does, she's doing it wrong.