The ethics of queue dodging?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Conexion

10-06-2010

Just curious to see what people's opinions are on this. I know it gets annoying after re-queuing 3 or 4 times, but are there times where it is reasonable?

For the first time today I queue dodged. It was a normal 5v5 so there was only a 6 minute penalty, but I feel there was some level of justification. I recently re-did my two rune pages - one for mana-based carry, and one for support. I did this because I wanted to try some of the more mana-hungry carries.

Long story short, when it came time to pick, everyone picked and locked their character immediately except me. There was Annie, Ashe, Teemo, and Tristana. I had no clue what to do. I wasn't rune'd for tanking and I'm horrible with Rammus. Shen and Tank-Garen don't use mana... and I didn't want to try tanking with a character I never played before, with absolutely no research on them.

So what do you think? Are there any ethics to be considered when queue dodging? Do you feel guilty at all for making all your teammates (and opponents) wait longer to play?

Looks like my dodge-timer is up! Time to head to the fields of justice!

Lucid Dreaming

10-06-2010

Quote:
Are there any ethics to be considered when queue dodging?
No

VALOUR THE HERO

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conexion View Post
Are there any ethics to be considered when queue dodging?
eve

GWRaynor

10-06-2010

I hate when everyone just insta-locks a bunch of squishy champs, and then wonder why the enemy Xin Zhao had 20+ kills.

Because I was the only non-squishy, and all they have to do is focus and get rid of me to have a free pass to an Ace.

I heard team comp is hard.

Conexion

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWRaynor View Post
I heard team comp is hard.
I lol'd

FDru

10-07-2010

Just another fine example of why rune pages are a necessity, not a luxury. If you had a tank page you would have been fine... get farming those IPs!

Takalah

10-07-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harmchan View Post
eve
i just played w/ a crazy one. sure she was baiting a little bit, but that more than made up for it. Craziest Eve i ever done saw.

Ankarua

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-07-2010

I queue dodged earlier when I asked if the person picking Eve knew she hadn't gotten a rework. Never got an answer, and the other person chose Swain.... I Queue dodged as fast as I could.

CecilRhodes

10-07-2010

I've queue dodged countless times in Normal.

Days where I only have about 1.5 hours, want to get my first win of the day, and someone locks in as Urgot with clarity/revive/heal, ect.

Rore

10-07-2010

I queue dodged today because my friend invited me to a game. We usually sit in arranging team mode until everyone is ready and he asks over vent if everyone is ready. He didn't. Only time I've ever queue dodged. Yes I realize it's my fault for accepting the game invite but I didn't think about it.

inb4 downvotes