HUD Change / Increased Map Awareness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Keefer

11-16-2012

So far I am loving the fact that the HUD changes are increasing the field of vision we have. This got me to think about the mini map and map awareness.

Currently I know many pros and myself (so not a pro) to a lesser extent use tab frequently to check out how builds are going and CS scores. One thing that came to mind was how other games had a feature similar to this, but was a map that popped up.

Think about it. If we could hot key an expanded mini map that is about the same size of the current build/score screen. Make it have the exact same information as the mini map yet expanded. Have it faded so you can still see through it and right click through it to move your champ or continue to CS while getting a quick look at peoples positioning.

Why I like this idea is it does not eliminate the use of the mini map. You still need to keep an eye on it to see people briefly picked up to know their locations. But it allows you to take quick more in depth glances at locations while not deterring from actual lane play.

I think this would have people heighten their awareness, since it seems a lot of times that map awareness goes down when some players focus so much on whats going on in lane at that moment. This would help people who are being bullied and have to focus so much on not being hit while also taking moments while dodging to look for possible ganks. It can also help people who are focusing on a fight that is rough that requires enough attention that want that quick map awareness without shifting focal points too much.

This may or may not be necessary I just thought it could be useful, since we cant currently move our mini map yet (oh how I want to move it to the top of my screen).

Keefer

11-16-2012

Shameless bump lol

stonechitlin

11-16-2012

i support this. also give me the option to disable right click on minimap....

Keefer

11-17-2012

Yeah i accidentally click the mini map some times too haha

Keefer

11-19-2012

Surprised more people didn't like this idea.

Rollingson

11-19-2012

Like bump