Syndra issues

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tsugaga

11-16-2012

So I bought Syndra a couple weeks ago but just recently started playing her a lot. I have played her about 20 games in the past few days and believe she needs a few few fixes. I really love Syndra and she might be my new main in mid if I can master her and if she gets a few fixes.

I am not new with skill shots, my current mid main is Brand who is know for needing decent skill shot ability. Syndra however is on a much higher level. The dmg range on her q and w is very hard to understand. Karth's q animation is quite small, yet its dmg range is pretty wide. I feel like Syndra's q has to land perfectly to get the dmg off. Unlike Karth who can spam his q for almost no mana and on a very short cd, Syndra's q is usually on a 4 second cd. The mana cost on q is crazy, considering its difficult to land.

I also have problems with her w sometimes. If you don't click any sphere or minion then it should pick up the closest ball. Its range is bigger than q yet most times it won't grab a sphere right after I use q.

Now about her e. Her e is without a doubt the hardest skill shot in the game. Using e on a sphere is like playing pool, and the farther the shot, the more accurate the angle has to be. I also feel like the range currently shown on e isn't accurate, it feels about 75% of what it is supposed to be. Another huge problem is that it requires her to sacrifice a non damaging sphere to launch at an enemy.

Her ult is one of my favorite abilities. The huge issue with her ult is its range. Everything about her is meant to be at a range. You q from far away, use w to slow your enemy, use e to push them away/stun, but then her ult requires you to get very close.

Her passive is quite sucky imo. The wider e isn't even noticeable, the 0.5 second slow increase on w isn't noticeable, and the extra 15% dmg on q isn't very noticeable. Another problem with her passive is that it requires you to max out skills and doesn't really take effect until mid-late game, and by this time you might have lost.

This doesn't matter much but her taunts could be better, more evil! Her dance is quite nice but I think her interacting with her spheres would be better.

My suggested fixes.

Q: Increase the spheres damage range and/or lowers its cd and mana cost. Also the duration of the speheres being on the ground should be increased,

W: Fix it so its auto grab is more reliable.

E: Increase its range, and to fix the problem where you have to set a sphere up (which costs you using that sphere for damage) change it so that if a enemy is hit with a sphere and stunned, they will also take extra damage from the sphere equal to the current damage on Q (or a % such as 50%).

R: Increase ult range.

Passive: Remove all current passive effects and create a new passive. Usually there are many spheres scattered on the ground and I always think "useless spheres on the ground for no reason". So I believe her passive should give these spheres a purpose, such as "If an enemy champion steps on a dark sphere, they will be slows by an amount for X seconds.". To keep the theme of passive getting better once she maxes her skills, the slow amount and/or duration can be increased every time she maxes out a skill, so it would have 5 ranks. The sphere also disappears if stepped on, essentially being absorbed into an enemies feet and weighing them down. I feel like this passive goes perfectly with her kit which allows her to more easily land her difficult Q ability.

Tips for you!
Since I played her so much, here are some tips I feel other Syndra players can use.

-I like grabbing a Tear and a doran ring the first time basing. I feel like she really needs a Arch staff late game to solve her mana problems while making sure you don't lose your damage output.

-Try not to spam Q in lane, you will run out of mana very fast, instead try and land a Q right when your enemy tries to last hit.

-Due to her skill shot difficulty and fragile nature, a Rylais is a good buy after you get a tear. Try to get a Rabadons after and then upgrade tear to an Arch staff.

-Combos with her are quite hard, but this is the best I have figured out and use. Set a Q between you and your enemy, then use E to push it into them for a stun(make sure you are close enough to follow up with what's next), now use Q again right on the stunned enemy AND use W at the same exact time on the first sphere that you stunned with, slamming it down onto them. If you do this all perfectly then the 2nd Q and your W should land on the enemy at the same time while they are still stunned, dealing massive damage. You now have 2 choices, you can use a 3rd Q before ult or just ult with 5 spheres. The combo will usually bring any squishy to 40-60% and an ignite with a 5 sphere ult should kill them. If you try and use a 3rd Q then they could cc you or flash away, if they have no escape then a 3rd Q can be used if you feel they can't kill you first.

TLDR: Why you lazy? Go back to the top and read! xD

Litoeon

11-16-2012

The only change I agree with you ( I am too an avid Syndra player ) is with her W needs to be more reliable other then that she would be far too OP with the other suggestions.

You should change up your build also. Try Chalice for first time back, chalice and blue buff will give you absolutely no problems. Get sorc boots then onto an Athene's. Next get your cool downs capped as it's a necessity on her. I go with Morello's which will give me 39% with just the 2 items. Yeah it's not a great AP item but you now have the Active for troublesome regen champs like Swain / Mundo. build into Cap then Rylai's. You'll be fine as long as you keep your distance and know your surroundings. Remember, she can move while casting which is a huge plus.

<3

Tsugaga

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litoeon View Post
The only change I agree with you ( I am too an avid Syndra player ) is with her W needs to be more reliable other then that she would be far too OP with the other suggestions.

You should change up your build also. Try Chalice for first time back, chalice and blue buff will give you absolutely no problems. Get sorc boots then onto an Athene's. Next get your cool downs capped as it's a necessity on her. I go with Morello's which will give me 39% with just the 2 items. Yeah it's not a great AP item but you now have the Active for troublesome regen champs like Swain / Mundo. build into Cap then Rylai's. You'll be fine as long as you keep your distance and know your surroundings. Remember, she can move while casting which is a huge plus.

<3
Fixing flaws doesn't make a champ OP Damage can be tweaked to balance her. My suggestions were also separate suggestions, not one big suggestion change.

I also build chalice about 50% of my games but I feel like its such a bad item, the grail is quite costly and feel it delays other items far too long. You only get blue buff if your jungler is nice enough also. One of the best thing with Syndra though is that you can take blue if you want it, just grab it with W and slam in down on the other side of the blue buff wall where you are. I have stolen enemy blue with W too xD