(Champion): Zerulin, The Condemned

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skquish

11-16-2012

Name: Zerulin
Title: The Condemned

Lore:
Basically, he was an evil mage who used his mastery of destructive magic to conquer villages and become rich. One day he came across Ryze who defeated him and decided to lock away Zerulin's destructive powers using his knowledge of thorn magic. The spell locked away a beast within Zerulin which subdues (the giant hands.... you''ll see what I mean when you read his skills) Zerulin anytime he taps too deeply into his destructive magic. However, as time passed, Zerulin learn to manipulate the beast's power, and although his destructive magic is still limited, he discovered a new branch of primal like magic. He joined the league to seek vengeance against Ryze.

Appearance:
Idea: Long, black, dirty hair. Light skin with red and black tattoos etched violently and sloppily all over his body and face. Gray robes that have been torn to shreds from the hands emerging out of his back. If anyone has any ideas feel free to share!

Attributes:Fighter, Melee, Caster

Statistics:

Health: 425 (+83)

Health Regen: 7.45 (+0.55)

Mana: 250 (+40)

Mana Regen: 6.45 (+0.45)

Range: 125

Attack Damage:: 56.5 (+3.5)

Attack Speed: .65 (+3.00%)

Armor: 18 (+4)

Magic Resistance: 30 (+1.25)

Abilities: (Zerulin can be a bruiser, tank or caster, similar to Malphite)

Passive: Condemned

Reflects 7.5% of all physical damage (~100 gold value) and 5% of all magic damage (~? gold value) as magic damage back to his attacker.
Zerulin's cursed skin damages all enemies who make contact with him.

Q: Mad Dash
After a small delay (0.1s) Zerulin dashes forward along a target line at incredible speed, damaging enemies he passes through.
Mad Dash can be activated again within 2 seconds slow all enemies within 300 units around Zerulin.

Range: ~ Shen Dash

Speed: 1700

Magic Damage: 60 / 105 / 160 / 205/ 250 (+0.6 ap)

Slow Amount: 15% / 22.5% / 30% / 37.5% / 45%

Mana Cost: 60 / 65 / 70 / 75 / 80

Cooldown: 8 / 7 / 6 / 5 / 4

W: Claw Hold
Zerulin channels his energy to summon a gigantic, monstrous, magic (plasma like) claw from his cursed skin to suppress target champion and himself. After 1 second, Claw Hold can be activated again to deal damage to enemy champion based on how long Claw Hold has been active.

Range: 125 units

Suppress Duration: 1.75 seconds

Magic Damage (Minimum): 75 / 100 / 150 / 200 / 225 (+0.3 ap)

Magic Damage (Max): 131.25 / 175 / 262.5 / 300/ 350 (+0.525 ap)

Mana Cost: 80 / 90 / 100 / 110 / 120

Cooldown: 15 / 14 / 13 / 12 / 11

E: Manipulate
This is a click and drag skill. Zerulin manipulates the energy to move champions in a line. Moves champions that hit the line 150 units in the direction of the line. All enemy champions that make contact with the lines are stunned for .75 seconds (mini stun) and take damage.

Range: 475

Magic Damage: 75 / 125 / 170 / 215 / 280 (+0.3 ap)

Mana Cost: 80 / 90 / 100 / 105 / 110

Cooldown: 8 / 8 / 8 / 8 / 8

R: Crushing Slam
After channeling for 0.1 seconds two monstrous hands (like in Claw Hold) emerge from Zerulin's back shielding Zerulin, decreasing incoming damage for 15 seconds. After 1 second, Crushing Slam can be activate again to grab (with two giant hands) target enemy champion, Zerulin then jumps into the air with enemy champion, rendering them both untargetable for 1 second. While in the air, Crushing Slam can be activated one more time, sending both Zerulin and targeted enemy champion to wherever the mouse cursor is (within 650 units from where enemy champion was grabbed), stunning the enemy champion for 2 seconds and knocking up and damaging any champions, minions or neutrals within 500 units from the impact point for 1.25 seconds. If no point is chosen, Zerulin will slam enemy champion where he originally grabbed the champion.

Grab Range: 200 units

Slam Range: 650 units from point of grab

Damage Reduction: 20% / 30% / 40%

Magic Damage (to targeted champion): 225 / 315 / 405 (+1.0 ap)

Magic Damage (to surrounding champions): 175 / 250 / 325 (+0.8 ap)

Mana Cost: 100 / 100 / 100 / 100 / 100

---

What do you guys think?

How would you play him?

What do you imagine him to look like? At first I was thinking something extremely scary and demonic but that would never make it in league.

TL;DR

Screwed up crazy mage, runs around, cc'ing people with giant hands that emerge from his back. Like to body slam his enemies. Wants to kill Ryze.

Thanks!

Kayoss666

11-16-2012

well i like the idea, however he does seem a little OP. i like the skills and the effects but some seem over doing it in damage wise. Oh and you put 5 mana cost on last skill, and i would make the cost go up per lvl.

Also i was wondering how he was a caster and melee? But his stats seem to be ok, the base armor is a little high sense he aint a tank and attack speed normally doesn't increase per lvl as far as i can tell.

i do like the look though. he would fit right in with the wield looking champs of LOL.

(Pockets, The Golden Merchant)

Skquish

11-16-2012

Yeah I think I made his ratios a little too strong. And he can be played as a caster, his combo would be R -> E -> Q -> W -> R. He can also be played as a bruiser. Or tank (since W also holds him in place)

dragonarrow7

11-16-2012

besides him being too op, i feel his skills have too much utility for a heavy hitter. his passive seems over the top as well. for the passive i suggest + 0.1 ap as retribution damage to both physical and magical attacks, dots only applying the effect once

Skquish

11-16-2012

Lowered his base hp, base ad. Took silence out of Mad Dash and decreased the displacement of Manipulate.

I have to give more though to his passive as its only really strong if he builds tanky. The AD reflection can easily be countered by lifesteal.

Skquish

11-18-2012

Bumpzz

Icraig33

11-22-2012

Here is a quick review for youuz

first off, i'd like to say that i'm happy that you know how base statistics work. They all seem balanced, so gj on that. I don't see any movement speed though. might want to give that a quick fix. Now, onto the abilities!

Innate:
- Aight, seems reasonable enough. I'm honestly surprised that Riot hasn't actually implemented an Innate like this yet, and I've always found the idea interesting

Q:
- hmm.. I'd say either increase the cooldown or reduce the duration of the slow. Either one would work. I say this because the way I read it in my mind would mean that you could dash in, slow someone for 2s WHILE the cooldown is ticking, meaning you could easily slow the person again within a super short timespan. It has the potential to be a little unfun. Or, what you could do is split the mana cost between the first activation or the second, so it would cost 30 for the dash, but you'd have to spend the other 30 on the slow. That could be pretty interesting

W:
- I think you should change it from a suppress to a simple stun, since in-game the only abilities with suppresses are Ultimates. This spell can easily be changed to a stun. Also, the current window of opportunity for the damage seems too close. I'd increase that window to .75s instead of 1s

E:
- ooh, I like this ability! it's cool! I don't think there is much to say about it. The base might be a little high at later ranks (due to the epic utility of the spell), but other than that, great!

R:
- I'm a little iffy on the shield. It seems kinda out of place to me. That, and the mana cost has 5 ranks in it for some reason. I would fix that and have it at least scale to 200 or something if you're going to keep the shield. Also, what is the cooldown?

On a whole, I like this guy. He has some pretty inventive abilities and good potential. At the moment, I'd focus on cleaning up some typos and add in the missing stats. good job