Lightbringer (OP updated)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Orphane

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordofNarf View Post
Lightbringer is an extremely good AD carry item in Dominion. Not just because of the passive, or the efficiency of the stats, but it does something very useful, which is builds out of mid-cost items very quickly.
Recurve bow- not a mid cost item

SovietVVinter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

I get it when they have a fed stealth champion on champs like Irelia, but what I hate about it is there's no counterplay when you yourself are a stealth champion.

If an enemy gets it and I'm Kha'Zix, they don't have to think about anything and my ult's stealth is effectively useless, as is refreshing my passive by juking in and out of brush. I don't like how they put no effort or skill into being able to reveal me, all they had to do was buy an item and forget about it.

If there was an active effect or something of the like, I would have better feelings towards it. But as it stands now, it counters champions who rely on stealth for survivability a bit too much and they have no way to counter it.

SuperQuackDuck

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SovietVVinter View Post
I get it when they have a fed stealth champion on champs like Irelia, but what I hate about it is there's no counterplay when you yourself are a stealth champion.

If an enemy gets it and I'm Kha'Zix, they don't have to think about anything and my ult's stealth is effectively useless, as is refreshing my passive by juking in and out of brush. I don't like how they put no effort or skill into being able to reveal me, all they had to do was buy an item and forget about it.

If there was an active effect or something of the like, I would have better feelings towards it. But as it stands now, it counters champions who rely on stealth for survivability a bit too much and they have no way to counter it.
1. nvm, misread.
2. as a single item by itself, lightbringer's damage is way too low. as kz you'll likely be able to burst them to death before they can make use of the reveal anyway.

SovietVVinter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperQuackDuck View Post
1. nvm, misread.
2. as a single item by itself, lightbringer's damage is way too low. as kz you'll likely be able to burst them to death before they can make use of the reveal anyway.
I do not fear people who get it as a first item - I am more fearful of a late game, full build ADC with it. Not to say I still wouldn't be able to kill them, it just makes it much much harder and less reliable.

Yohnski

11-16-2012

At the same time that I hate it I also like it. It permanently destroys all stealth tactics, including bush hopping/juking, but at the same time you do have to tag them first. It removes juke escapes, can grant AD carries extreme kiting power, but it's also the only current AD counter to a few certain champs *cough* Akali *cough*. It also has pretty good stats for its cost.

I like the idea behind it but with the reveal just being a passive it's fairly mindless now. IMO it should either have an active similair to hextech sweeper (or just add another item like sweeper) or it should have maybe 15-20 seconds of reveal on autoattack on something like a 90 second cooldown. Jump into a fight and activate it to kill your targets this time but by the next fight it won't be up kind of deal.

Orphane

11-16-2012

How does Lightbringer grant "kiting power"? It literally does nothing to help ad carries kite except giving attack speed, and even then a Phantom Dancer does that better.

MrSmileyy

11-16-2012

I'd like maybe some changes, like an active instead or something

Issue I have with it is, I like playing champs like akali, when they buy this item, it counters me pretty hard...passively. They don't have to do anything and my bubble is now useless off points as well as on for no reason other than they attacked. If it had some changes, like an active instead, or maybe make it activate for the current passive for a good duration it could probably have its stats be bumped and be a better item in general as well.

Then it wouldn't passively counter stealth champs, while still forcing them to be wary.

tldr; I think passive countering is bad
I think if it was an active (even with a lengthy duration, like 10 seconds) it could get a stat boost and be a better item without wrecking certain champs just for existing.

Volandum

11-16-2012

They have to land an attack on you, that's not easy if you're lurking beforehand.

And if you're playing akali expect to be revealed. Your shroud has cc and defenses, it's quite a useful skill regardless.

FDru

11-16-2012

Not just underrated, but very OP on ranged DPS. If it gave nothing but the passive, it would be worth the slot. It certainly doesn't need to be buffed, but maybe it could have the AS removed so it's just a light AD utility item.

Or make the passive a short duration active instead, to get rid of the "dumb vision" aspect of it.

MrSmileyy

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volandum View Post
They have to land an attack on you, that's not easy if you're lurking beforehand.

And if you're playing akali expect to be revealed. Your shroud has cc and defenses, it's quite a useful skill regardless.
not hard at all, no stealth near neutrals, eve easy to spot in jungle due to many bushes, twitch often wants to use his as a escape, this makes that not possible at all, etc. Again though, the issue is it does this passively, zero effort involved. I expect a sweeper pop in my bubble, I expect pink wards on sr, etc. but the thing is, they should have to do something, and if they do it too late, then the stealther has a better chance to get away/reposition. As it stands, because they have a lightbringer the stealthers ability is countered by default, unless

1) ad doesnt attack them, given stealthers are typically squishy, this just means they are targeting wrong

2) they use their stealth before the fight even happens, which for many, such as akali and shaco, means they aren't using it right unless, there is some planned juking going on

If it was an active, its still going to be up a lot of the time, possibly almost all, but not every single fight/reinitiation/just because its always there. As well as maybe giving them to try and bait it out and retreat giving some counterplay oppurtunity.

Also, bubble not too useful without the stealth in dom, the armor mr does not give her near the tankiness of say diana, costs a LOT of energy, and being a squishy assassin even if built on more survivable side, she gets ganged up on immediately by any self respecting dom players.

I am fine with counters, but I want counterplay too. As it stands if the ad with lightbringer hits me once, I automatically lose that fight just because he hit me. They should need to do something for it (sans oracle which costs money for a temporary measure).