Lightbringer (OP updated)

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

FOODFOOD

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbane View Post
Thats just not true though, Last whisper IS an AD carry central item, the attack speed is already off the table, But armor pen and revealing in an AREA per attack would be amazing, life steal and armor arent bad additions for an AD carry either, honestly.
You're missing the point. Yes, AD Carries will get it and benefit, but it's too good of an item for the problem people in Dominion. Once the Armor Pen changes go into effect, LW will be amazing on AD Bruisers. To deal damage, they can simply get tanky items and a LW if they desire, because Penetration is typically better than damage in this mode. We don't need them to have access to other advantages in their build path.

MrSmileyy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Let's talk about this item. How often is it purchased? How is its buildup? What would be the ramifications if it were removed?

UPDATE: I'm going to pull over Grez's Spectral Lantern from Twisted Treeline for 1.72. This and Lightbringer will co-exist for a patch; we'll see how it plays out. Eventually, we may do something like make Lightbringer build out of Grez's so it has the active.
I'm going to reiterate my previous point, along with another.

First, why would it be ok for this item to have reveal passive AND active, but sweeper not.

Second, again, the passive counters several champions passively, just for having the item, several champions abilities are made instantly useless. An aa's isn't an easy thing to avoid, especially in the cluster fights in dom. I feel that passive countering with almost no chance of counterplay, still is and will be, a very bad idea.

It isn't the same thing as the grievous wound items, healing still does work, at a reduced rate, this item for no reason than aa'ing someone, causes all stealth to instantly be useless, for a rather long duration.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-19-2012

i use it on Fiora a lot, i like not getting juke dinto bushes, particularly if i want to lunge or if i'm ulting.. since even Khaz'xs rofl 1 seocnd of invisibility is enough to cancel my ult....

hoihoi8

11-19-2012

Quote:
Let's talk about this item. How often is it purchased? How is its buildup? What would be the ramifications if it were removed?

UPDATE: I'm going to pull over Grez's Spectral Lantern from Twisted Treeline for 1.72. This and Lightbringer will co-exist for a patch; we'll see how it plays out. Eventually, we may do something like make Lightbringer build out of Grez's so it has the active.
I'm shocked you can't just write a few queries in a database like %wins with heroes who buy Lightbringer, or frequency of purchase when a stealth character is chosen. Tell your programmers and data analysts to get their arses in gear and provide you with information you need todo your job :P

Miirik

11-19-2012

Quote:
There's a billion attack speed options in S3, so I'm hesitant to keep Lightbringer as-is in terms of components.
put lightbringer into Summoner's Rift

have you thought of that one?

VoidInsanity

11-19-2012

If you are that determined to keep the lightbringer in the game can we please have some new item or give an existing ap item the old sweeper passive that builds out of the current sweeper? The removal of the old sweeper passive has made certain champions a pain in the arse for mages, vayne especially.

George W Nome

Game Designer

11-19-2012
6 of 7 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrSmileyy View Post
I'm going to reiterate my previous point, along with another.

First, why would it be ok for this item to have reveal passive AND active, but sweeper not.

Second, again, the passive counters several champions passively, just for having the item, several champions abilities are made instantly useless. An aa's isn't an easy thing to avoid, especially in the cluster fights in dom. I feel that passive countering with almost no chance of counterplay, still is and will be, a very bad idea.

It isn't the same thing as the grievous wound items, healing still does work, at a reduced rate, this item for no reason than aa'ing someone, causes all stealth to instantly be useless, for a rather long duration.
That's why this is being done, actually; to potentially replace/remove the passive eventually.

MyDeadGrandma

11-19-2012

Am I the only one who keeps reading this as "lightbringer OP?"

nguyenmb

11-19-2012

While I agree the passives of Lightbringer and Sweeper were quite hard counters to stealth, it doesn't reduce the usefulness/need to have items with the utility to have vision of an opponent (outside of los but not in stealth)

Why does this functionality have to be mixed into the same item? Or why do you have to go completely the other way and remove the ability to see nonstealthed targets when it's seeing the stealthed targets that's causing the hard counter? versus just having vision of the target, or letting stealth activations remove the 'debuff' of these types of items?

evansu

11-19-2012

I get lightbringer on mf, and if I did play vayne, i'd get it on her too.

When that ranged adc is cleaning up, not having to check brush is insanely good.

If lightbringer is countering stealth too easily for too cheap a cost, change it so that it gives vision but doesn't reveal stealth.

There is just way too much brush for a ranged adc to get anything done, but I guess if sweeper got nerfed, then I wouldn't mind having it be an active. Or make an ad version of sweeper.