Will we ever see ranked dominion?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Snazzy Pants

11-16-2012

At the moment, on my main account, I am a silver player, but if we had ranked dominion, I'd be a platinum player easily. Why is it that I'm deprived of the season 3 rewards just because I prefer to play a MOBA as PvP instead of as "creep score: the video game".

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Snazzy Pants

11-16-2012

Quote:
That thread accomplished nothing and the last comment was exactly what I'm asking for - a response from Riot.

Even an "eventually" would be something.

Snazzy Pants

11-16-2012

C'mon, Riot!

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Actually my thread accomplish everthing you asked. They want to increase population to add ranked, and since the only way to do that is to add ranked, catch-22, and ranked not happening ever.
So you have your answer. No, there won't be ranked.

Snazzy Pants

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
Actually my thread accomplish everthing you asked. They want to increase population to add ranked, and since the only way to do that is to add ranked, catch-22, and ranked not happening ever.
So you have your answer. No, there won't be ranked.
I didn't see a single Riot employee respond, nor did I see anyone quote a Riot employee. So, no, your thread accomplished nothing.

Sazdek

11-16-2012

Quote:
you're annoying. go away.

WaterD103

11-16-2012

Snazzy pants, you want answer or just meaningless red posts? im confused.

WaterD103

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
And what changes are those?

What's your plan to stop Dominion from hemorrhaging players? What fixes can we do that addresses the concerns of the top 0.001% of the Dominion community that will fix the perception issues of the 99.99%?? What would you suggest we do to convince everyone that's quit on Dominion to come back? How do we message to players that Shaco isn't the best champ on Dominion? How do we address the complaint that a lot of players have of the lack of progression? The lack of game phases? The lack of differentiation from game to game? You focus on Blackfire Torch, but among the sea of real problems that Dominion has, that really should be barely a consideration. It's imba. OK, we nerf it next patch. Hell, I already did.

These aren't buzzwords. This is the reality of Dominion. We're in do-or-die mode. If you really love Dominion, then subscribe yourself to the program and dig down deep. The rug's going to be pulled out from beneath your feet over and over again, and you'll have to get used to that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
This is a myth I want to address right now so we don't have to talk about this any more. I've said many times that there's a lack of causation here for many reasons.

1. Ranked makes up a negligible amount of our playerbase for SR and TT. The vast majority of our players do not play ranked, and have displayed no intention to.
2. Now, the argument can be made that the LACK of ranked has negative implications like discouraging organized play and competitive interest. But this is where we run into the causation issue.

I'm very well aware that the Dominion community wants ranked real bad--I do too. No really, I do! I stick up for you guys because I'm passionate about Dominion getting attention. I have my own reasons and intentions, but first and foremost I believe it's an important step to community stabilization. But don't use it as a scapegoat for why the mode is unpopular, because you're assuming causation when #1 (and I'm fully aware you guys don't have access to the statistics) speaks quite to the contrary.
There have red quotes, since you love them it seems

Snazzy Pants

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
There have red quotes, since you love them it seems
Yeah? And? None of those talk about whether they're discussing ranked mode, whether we'll get it, or really anything truly relevant. He talks about the issues, and that's it.

"You want to know when something will happen? Well, here are some quotes that discuss the boundaries to that happening, but make no reference as to whether it will happen or when it will happen. Since you seem to love testimony from the employees that make this game!"

What an idiot.