Screw you USPS!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-16-2012

So I finally decided that it might be a good idea to get a second key to the mailbox, my wife tends to keep the one we have with her. Well, since it is a USPS key, locksmiths won't cut a new one, I have to have it done by the USPS! Sweet.......I contact them, ask them about getting a second key and I am told that it would be $40. Are you serious? As it turns out there isn't some form I can get from them that gives permission for a locksmith to cut it, and of course they don't cut on site at the post office.

I am told that I have to pay them and have them verify my ID, then the mail carrier will get the number off the lock on the mailbox. Once that is done they will forward off the proper paperwork to another department somewhere in the USA that will process the paperwork, have a key made, and then mail it back to my local office. At that point I can have them deliver the extra key to the mailbox or I can come in and pick it up. This should only take a few weeks......

$40?!?! Really?! No wonder the USPS has lost its ass financially, the amount of red tape to get a freaking key is just insane!

Epsilon2012

11-16-2012

If it wasn't this difficult then some else could get your key and then you'd be making another stupid thread on how the USPS let someone else steal your Identity...

Precautions are a *****.

Dobagoh

11-16-2012

USPS is actually kinda ok financially, republicans are just *******s and require the USPS to handle retirement funding in a certain way that makes them bankrupt; meanwhile every other federal agency in existence that does not rely on tax money handles retirement funding like normal corporations

Postal Twinkie

Wrenchman

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epsilon2012 View Post
If it wasn't this difficult then some else could get your key and then you'd be making another stupid thread on how the USPS let someone else steal your Identity...

Precautions are a *****.
This just doesn't make any sense.....

I am in possession of the key I need a copy of. If I had stolen it, to steal someones mail, I wouldn't need to have a copy made. I would just use the key I have! Now, if for some reason, I did want a copy, I would make one myself at a U-Cut key center......

Which actually, I am going to go do that. Not sure why I didn't think of it before.