Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][CRITICAL] Map size too small

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Nip the Zephyr

11-18-2012

Phew, thought I was just being weird thinking the map looked smaller. Glad to know it's not just me. I hope they fix this.

Siigari

11-18-2012

Bump.

GrizlakMonger

11-18-2012

Wow, I knew it wasn't just me that thought it looked smaller. Please fix this. This is actually a big deal for me. I'm a support player, so as someone else stated, you practically play the game in the mini map for your team's safety and map awareness. Even when I play other roles I like a bigger minimap so that my peripheral vision picks up champions and what not in it, even if it costs me some screen space for maneuvering my champion. That's a trade I'll make anyday. Get it at least to the size from before, and I wouldn't complain if you made it able to get a tad bigger as an option.

Also please note: make numerical boxes next to the sliders. This would make it so much easier to just know the settings you like when moving to a different computer or after someone else did. Yeah, I know you can copy paste your config.game, but really, just give us the option of entering settings we like numerically next to the sliders.

Goddess Din

11-19-2012

Quote:
GrizlakMonger:
Wow, I knew it wasn't just me that thought it looked smaller. Please fix this. This is actually a big deal for me. I'm a support player, so as someone else stated, you practically play the game in the mini map for your team's safety and map awareness. Even when I play other roles I like a bigger minimap so that my peripheral vision picks up champions and what not in it, even if it costs me some screen space for maneuvering my champion. That's a trade I'll make anyday. Get it at least to the size from before, and I wouldn't complain if you made it able to get a tad bigger as an option.

Also please note: make numerical boxes next to the sliders. This would make it so much easier to just know the settings you like when moving to a different computer or after someone else did. Yeah, I know you can copy paste your config.game, but really, just give us the option of entering settings we like numerically next to the sliders.

I'm glad someone else feels the same way that I do!

To be fully honest I've never understood why games always put such tight restrictions on minimum and maximum sizes to things like minimaps and skill bars and whatnot. I do not see any reason that players shouldn't be allowed to have their minimap pretty large. Like you said sure, you lose a bit of "micro-ing room" for your champion but sometimes (especially as support) the minimap vision is just so much more important.

Also I very much agree with the numerical values. I'd be fine even if you couldn't type the value in as long as it says the number so you know what to set it to.

Siigari

11-19-2012

Bump.

Siigari

11-19-2012

Bump.

Goddess Din

11-19-2012

Just posting again to restate how much I hope they at least revert the max minimap size to what it is on live, if not allow you to make it even larger than that. I don't see why we shouldn't be allowed to if we wouldn't like to, it's not like it'll break the game or change the experience for anyone other than yourself.

That and the maximum map size really can't be hard to implement from a coding standpoint. If I had to guess pretty much all they'll have to do is change some constants' values around. :P

Goddess Din

11-19-2012

I'm gonna bump this because I would really like to see the topic adressed!

Siigari

11-19-2012

Bump

Siigari

11-20-2012

Bump.