Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Game][CRITICAL] Map size too small

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Siigari

11-16-2012

Hey guys. The maximum map size has been reduced by about 15%. This makes it harder to see the map. Being our second most important source of intel (the first being your line of sight) this is a huge setback.

There are already many, many hud changes. You guys are adjusting a lot of stuff, and the map should not be one of them. Maximum map size needs to be as large as it was, if not for intelligence gathering then for sake of readability. It also causes graphics on it to look pixelated because I don't think you guys rescaled all your icons and images to fit on that awkward scaled map.

Please fix this immediately.

edit (because some people can't read): MAXIMUM MAP SIZE IN PBE IS SMALLER THAN MAXIMUM MAP SIZE IN LIVE. USING THE SLIDER IN OPTIONS.

Below is an attached maximum map size for both live an PBE. You can see the difference. The actual change (in pixels) is about a 10% decrease in size on PBE.)

Relix the Fallen

11-16-2012

I noticed in general that the smaller size of the HUD made me feel like I had to actually focus on looking at my skills/the minimap whereas before I could kind of glance around and get all the information I needed. Maybe my HUD size just wasn't reset to maximum though--I would check if I could get past this 2 hour log in queue.

Astronautical

11-16-2012

Personally I don't feel like this is critical but I do agree that it should be able to be made larger. I like having a huge mini map.

c0reyp0wner

11-16-2012

I wouldn't call this a critical issue. I can see the map fine. It all depends on your resolution.
I do agree the map should be able to be little bit larger however.

Fudgie

11-16-2012

This was bothering me as well. So I went to the interface options(or more options? I can't remember) to scale my HUD up a bit and find a nice balance and noticed a minimap size slider.

When scaled all the way up the minimap goes back to about the size of the old one.

Sambrosia

11-16-2012

This is far from critical. Barely even a minor issue. But yes, the minimap could use some work.

Siigari

11-16-2012

Quote:
Fudgie:
This was bothering me as well. So I went to the interface options(or more options? I can't remember) to scale my HUD up a bit and find a nice balance and noticed a minimap size slider.

When scaled all the way up the minimap goes back to about the size of the old one.

Read the OP. Max scale is 15% smaller than it is in live.

Siigari

11-17-2012

Bump

Bonekinght

11-17-2012

first of all u all need to check your hud size scale in game before posting this the hud size scale has been reset to default with the patch.

Ashurion

11-17-2012

Quote:
Bonekinght:
first of all u all need to check your hud size scale in game before posting this the hud size scale has been reset to default with the patch.

He already said the maximum map size. Although I doubt that this is critical.