Season 3 Items in Twisted Treeline

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Phourc

11-16-2012

Hey Nome, if you're not taking the new boosted jungle items, is TT getting the new boosted jungle creep?

(AKA, will I have to jungle with smite or not xP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
Will LVDP still be an AD caster AD/CDR/SV item? Was very sad that we didn't get and AD spellvamp items in the season 3 item (ditto no new hybrid items but that's a different discussion) since i've been loving characters like Renekton again now that he had a proper item to buy.
The Jean Claude was always more a bruiser item than an AD caster item, incoming we have the new Black cleaver for some utility (AoE armor shred for your buddies) and Tiamat/Hydra for some extra oomph from your AD.

Also, the Muramana looks stronk as hell, but it won't do much for manaless AD casters like your Renekton ^^

FullMetalSnorlax

11-16-2012

Why you guys hate Jean Claud's pillager so much? nerfed, nerfed again, getting rework... YOU PROMISED US AD SPELLVAMP IN SEASON 3!!!!!!

LimitlessChaos

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by exe3 View Post
Will LVDP still be an AD caster AD/CDR/SV item? Was very sad that we didn't get and AD spellvamp items in the season 3 item (ditto no new hybrid items but that's a different discussion) since i've been loving characters like Renekton again now that he had a proper item to buy.
Pretty much what this guy said. I'm not really sure I see the major conflict of purpose here.

LVD's Pillager doesn't offer a stacking armor shred and does offer spellvamp - there is no longer an AD-centric SV item so how exactly will LVDP be "re-purposed" without killing it as the AD caster item? I am not 100% certain yet, but I believe on TT I'd still want LVDP over BC as Darius; maybe Riven or Garen (Rengar?) would want cleaver over it but I'd think even were I Kha'zix I'd take LVDP - but that might just be the dodgy position of assassins in SR and TT at the moment.

I trust you know what you're doing but I'm still not sure how there's a conflict major enough to remove LVDP when the two items are similar but appeal (as a rush or first major combine) to different crowds.

netkitten

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

>Decreased the duration of the burn effect from 3 to 2 seconds

how is it a nerf? since it burns 5% in 2 seconds instead of 3 it's a buff, especially for champions like singed etc + it means it consumes less charges now

Tenebrae Corvus

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
BFT is getting nerfed.

Blackfire Torch
-Reduced magic penetration from 20 to 15
-Decreased maximum charges from 25 to 18
-Decreased the duration of the burn effect from 3 to 2 seconds
-Increased the delay between charge gains from 1 to 1.5 seconds
-Increased the burn amount from 1.67% to 1.75% of max health per second
-Fixed a bug that caused the first tick of burn to not consume a charge

Sorry, those were internal names. We like to call things Soul Eater as a joke.
Nome, have you considered dividing the Blackfire Torch in two?
One would be: health + moderate AP + burn.
The other high AP + MPen + CDR and maybe also health.
That way each item can be balanced considering it's objective: burn damage or raw stats.

The thing with the current BFT is that it's really useful for the stats but also for the burn damage. Therefore, the balance has to consider more variables and they all have to be nerfed to keep the item in check.

Just an amateur opinion. Thanks for your time.

Orzel EU

11-17-2012

Mhh, I think these new ward items could be awesome for TT with slightly changes-
Make it only 1 ward per item = you get wards for the game, but they cripple your builds = strength vs vision.
Right now (for me atleast) TT is kinda unplayable on a higher level without any wards.

orc72

11-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotNome View Post
Lord Van Damm's Pillager will be temporarily removed due to conflicts with Black Cleaver. It will be remade and repurposed.
Can you give us any info on this? I am really curious.
Will it still be for ad casters?
Will it still give spell vamp?

Those are my two main concerns..Since that really helped out alot of people.

Mober6

11-17-2012

Will there be jax nerfs to offset new rageblade?

Geomexis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-17-2012

Is Frozen Fist supposed to be removed from Twisted Treeline? Because currently it's not on the map at all.

doombotMECHA

11-18-2012

mind getting some AD spell vamp somewhere else?
honestly I want that thing on SR and dom as well, so that AD casters can have some sustain