Dong Tu, The Pillar of Earth (Tank/Support)

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Gradunk

11-16-2012

{Overview}

-Race: Human / Elemental
-Origin: Mount Gargantuan
-Alliance: Good
-Class: Tank
-Subclass: Support
-Weapon: Mace
-Attack Type: Melee
-Energy Source: Mana

He excels at keeping control of team fights, and backs that up with his talent to help chase, or retreat from battles.

{Abilities}

Earthly Connection: IN PROCESS OF CHANGING

Q Pebble Revolver: Dong Tu shoots one pebble toward the mouse pointer dealing 30/60/90/120/150 + (50% Bonus AD) physical damage to the first enemy it hits. Each pebble that hits an enemy champion, bruises them, reducing their damage output by 1.5% for 5 seconds. This stacks up to ten times.
-Range: 600
-Cost: 40 Energy
-Cooldown: 2 seconds
Animation: When learned, he hovers 3 spinning stones over his hand. When cast, he turns his hand so his fingers are pointing up and his wrist is at his waist, then jerks his hand forward so his elbow is at his waist. Then he returns his hand to its normal position.

W Earthquake: Channel an earthquake at a target location for 3 seconds dealing 60/80/100/120/140 + (20% AP) physical damage per second slowing all enemies inside by 20/25/30/35/40%. If an enemy is inside the earthquake for 2 full seconds, they fall over (are stunned for 2 seconds) while they get back up. Slow may still apply after stun wears out.
-Range: 750; AoE: 375 Diameter
-Cost: 70 Energy
-Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds
Animation: The stones in his hand hide away in his arm. He extends his arm with his hand spread, and pulls his hand back beside his ear, then brings the stones back out into his hand as he brings his hand down, if that ability has been learned. Because of this, he cannot shoot a pebble for the second he's casting the earthquake.

E Grounded: Tear up a line of 300 – 1000 units of ground slowing all enemies while they are in the line and 1 second after leaving it. When only 300 units is torn the slow is most powerful (30/37/45/52/60%), but when the full 1000 units is torn the slow is weakest (10/15/20/25/30%). All the ground that is torn up is directed at, and orbits around an allied champ which it shields for 75/125/175/225/275+ (10% of Dong Tu's max health).
-Note: Shield degenerates by 10% of starting value every second
-Shield Range: 1000
-Slow range: 300-1000
-Slow width: 250 (select the champ you wish to shield and drag from him/her)
-Cost: 75 Energy
-Cooldown: 16/15/14/13/12 seconds
-Note: If you don't drag in any direction, it will tear up 300 units of ground in the direction the shielded champ is facing.
Animation: At 300 tear length, the torn area looks like a very dark brown oval. At 1000 tear length, the ground has a shadowy look to it. Anything in between the 2 extremes is color in between shaded and dark brown according to how long the tear is. Starting from the champ being shielded, the torn ground moves at head level and flies at 500 move speed toward the shielded champ. Once it reaches the champ it looks like Mordekaisers Creeping Death but instead of metal, it's only 10 peices of dirt. Also, 1 piece of the dirt falls from the orbit for every 10% of the shield that gets damaged.

R Burrow: Burrow into the ground for 5 seconds becoming untargetable, but able to move around like normal. At the end of the third second, you burst out of the ground tearing up a large section of ground lifting all enemies within 400 radius of where you burst and dealing 200/250/300 (+ 70% Bonus AD) physical damage. All the ground you tore up then rains on the heads of the enemies within 800 radius of where you burst dealing 150/200/250 (60% total AD) damage over 3 seconds.
-Cost: 100 Energy
-Cooldown: 100/90/80 seconds
-Note: Pressing R again will stop the burrowing process to initiate earlier, but will reduce lift damage by up to 60% (the earlier you cancel it) and prevent more Friction regeneration.

Animation: His mace handle shrinks and the head starts spinning. He then dives into the ground. For the first second, you leave a very noticeable trail. For the second second, the trail fades out, and for the third, fourth and fifth second, you are completely undetectable (like you are digging deeper and deeper). The 400 Lift radius is very dark and looks like a large pit, then chunks of dirt rain down for 3 seconds.

{Base Stats}

-Base Health 473 + 87 / level
-Health Regen 6/5 + .8/5 / level
-Base Energy 200
-Base Energy Regen 50/5
-Base Attack Damage 56 + 2.8 / level
-Base Attack Speed .593 + .043 / level
-Attack Range 130
-Base Armor 14 + 6 / level
-Magic Resistance 28 + 1.5 / level
-Movement Speed 322

{Appearance}

-Height: 5'10''
-Physical Build: Skinny, but muscular.
-Being the ascendant of earth, his hair has been replaced with a stash of dirt
-Eye color: The cornea (white part) is mud, the pupils are pebbles.
-Weapons: A spiked mace made of rock.
-Attire: He has a Stone tasset with his tribes symbol as the belt buckle and a stone helm with his tribes symbol covering his forehead. His chest, shoulders, and back are covered with larger rocks, making a breastplate look. Around his neck he wears a stone medalion with the symbol of his non ascended name.

{Lore}
Shikoba had silently watched as the young men of his tribe do their Mo’ha’e, their Rite of Passage, but the elders of the tribe had an uneasy feeling about this boy ever since his birth. That was why when it was his turn to climb Mt. Gargantuan for his Mo'ha'e the elder they had chosen to climb with him betrayed him, tossing him from the safety of the trail that led to their destination. Poor Shikoba screamed the whole way down. Upon reflex he tried to brace himself for the impact. As he struck the ground he proceeded to go through it and emerged unscathed yet utterly confused.

As he sat there in a stupor, a squat yet wise looking man approached him. The man smiled at the boy who initially refused to communicate with him. The older man tried to explain to the boy that what happened was a blessing in disguise. It turns out he was a sage from Ionia seeking the one had a natural affinity for earth, the affinity that the boy’s elders had sensed but treated as an omen. It took a lot of convincing but eventually the elder sage managed to talk the boy into journeying with him to their temple in Ionia. It was there that he was trained in his art and eventually became Dong Tu, the Pillar of Earth.

{Dialogue}

-Champion Selection: Ready to rock? Ready to roll!
-Movement Quote: On my way.
-Attacking Quote: I will, I will, ROCK YOU!
-Attacking Quote: Gladly
-R Use: “Goodbye”; (upon burst) “oh HI”
-Taunt: What is it with you and wanting to be crushed?
-Taunt: Can you run away for a bit? I want to feel the thrill of hunting you down.
-Joke: Yeah, yeah, I 'rock'. I get it...
-Joke: God walks on water; I swim through land.
-Recall: Not this time...
-Death: OK.. maybe.. this. time...
-Death Animation: His chest splits open, and the gravel that makes up his chest falls into a pile over his tasset. His head landing in the middle of the gravel pile while his legs stick out of the bottom, bent so his knees point out.

EDIT #1: Buffed the scaling for Pebble Revolver, added animation for Grounded, and changed the numbers of the ult to add a scale.
EDIT #2: Changed the Duration of the ult from 3 seconds to 5 seconds, and changed the 'to be stunned time' and 'stun timer' from 1 second to 2 seconds on earthquake.

Gradunk

11-27-2012

bump

Osprii

11-28-2012

Hey Gradunk, I don't want you to have to bump this again in loneliness.

At first I thought the new resource was unnecessary, until I realized this champion could fill the support role and had some easy, low cooldown poke. It regenerates fast enough to allow him to not worry about mana as much as other supports or top laners (if he goes there) but slow enough that he can't just spam his poke over and over. It's somewhere between energy and mana, I guess. The only potential problem is that he couldn't buy Frozen Heart without wasting some moneys.

Q: I like the poke. I like it a lot. However, I think you should change the ratio to bonus AD and increase the percent to somewhere around 50. The base damage can be that low because it has a 2 second cooldown, you don't need normal AD ratios to augment the base damage with a portion of his base AD. But only 20% stacking on AD? That's terrible. That means if I spend 410 money units (on a longsword), I only get 2 extra damagey units on this ability. Not even major tanks have stacking that low.

W:This is pretty cool.. I don't see anything wrong with it. The damage, ratio, range, etc. seems balanced. The concept is cool, too, somewhere between Morgana's Corrupted Ground Thingy and Viktor's Stupid Annoying Stun Machine, and it makes sense with the theming.

E: Whoa, this is a super cool idea. I can imagine it in my head, even though you didn't specify an animation. It's just really cool to have the slow skill shot go off an ally. I can imagine many uses for this. I see no problem in the balance, as well.

R: Also a very cool idea. However, doesn't the damage scale off anything? Also, if the DoT from the raining debris damages the enemies you burst out from under, that could be very powerful, especially since the DoT is in a very large area. Maybe nerf the base damage, and add some stacking. Also, cooldowns of ultimates usually decrease with level. I suppose that is your choice though.

Well, I guess I don't have much to offer besides compliments. Good job, definitely.

Gradunk

11-29-2012

glad you liked it Osprii.
Q: I do agree with the Q scaling it could use a buff, but i've never made a champ with a spam like this so i didn't really know what was balanced.
W:
E: i didn't have an animation here because even though i tried several times, i couldn't word it in a way that made it less than a big paragraph.
EDIT: Yay it's nowhere near as long as it used to be.
R: i didn't notice that i didn't put a scale on this ability so ty. and now that i've looked at the numbers i know what you mean about the nerfing lol.
all these points have been made.
thanks for the review

Moby the White

11-29-2012

P. only 0.1% ? seems a tad low at 100 friction the most he will have is 1
Q. a poke harass on a melee champ i like it
W. nice way to balance that use of Q here
E. an attack shield hmm.. I would love to see an animation of it in game
R. I think if the path starts to fade at 2 secs you may want to increase the time to 5-6 seconds underground I wouldnt think that since its an ult it would make it that op, plus I believe vlad's pool does like 4-6 secs

animations are a tad confusing
Q: underhand throw?
W: wind up punch aimed at ground?
E. Eve's Q path visualization in my head
r. what i had hoped skarner would do...you did with a hammer I am so sad that im happy about it

Moby the White

11-29-2012

oh yah guess what gradunk i put ur thread back near ccf council :P

Chocmerc

11-29-2012

i feel that while it might be fun to think of new resource mechanics for champs, that if it can be done with the current resource mechanics it should. As far as Friction is concerned, this could easily utilize the fury resource, similar to shyvana having "fury" that constantly charges.

I also feel that his earthquake should give opponents a little more time to avoid the stun, maybe if they stood in it for 2 seconds, or 3. that way you can escape it and dont feel trapped. this would also allow you to buff the stun duration as well

Gradunk

11-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moby the White View Post
P. only 0.1% ? seems a tad low at 100 friction the most he will have is 1

Correction, it will have a 10% max hp boost when at full friction.

Q. a poke harass on a melee champ i like it
W. nice way to balance that use of Q here
E. an attack shield hmm.. I would love to see an animation of it in game
R. I think if the path starts to fade at 2 secs you may want to increase the time to 5-6 seconds underground I wouldnt think that since its an ult it would make it that op, plus I believe vlad's pool does like 4-6 secs

Has been put into consideration, Ult now lats 5 seconds. ty

animations are a tad confusing
Q: underhand throw?

This is like the kickback from shooting a gun. but the kickback is from his elbow to his hand at waist level.

W: wind up punch aimed at ground?

Think of someones hand stretched out in front of them and slowly raising it like they're trying to use the force lol.

E. Eve's Q path visualization in my head
r. what i had hoped skarner would do...you did with a hammer I am so sad that im happy about it
and i don't even know what you mean here
Quote:
oh yah guess what gradunk i put ur thread back near ccf council :P
lol

Quote:
i feel that while it might be fun to think of new resource mechanics for champs, that if it can be done with the current resource mechanics it should. As far as Friction is concerned, this could easily utilize the fury resource, similar to shyvana having "fury" that constantly charges.

I also feel that his earthquake should give opponents a little more time to avoid the stun, maybe if they stood in it for 2 seconds, or 3. that way you can escape it and dont feel trapped. this would also allow you to buff the stun duration as well
I did think about the resources in play already, but if i used fury, that would throw off his whole persona. i made it friction because it works with what he does.
Good point with my earthquake. timings have changed.

Thanks for the responses guys

Gradunk

12-01-2012

turns out i WILL need to bump this again due to lonliness,..

Gradunk

12-13-2012

several times...