Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Please critique this "Souls" mechanic Champion Concept

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lil B Task Force

11-18-2012

AD but her spells do magic damage?
With something as easily dispensible as minions having such a low count is pointless. It just becomes a generic ammo system then.
And theres no real good synergy or utilization with her souls. You gain no real benefit from getting max stacks other than a stronger ult which is only useable around every minute and a half.
And if you did make the soul count higher and then you become susceptible to smowballing negatively as well as positively.

As of now the only soul part of your champion is like the thematics of it. Its just an ammo count and thats disappointing as well as generic.

Youso1337

11-18-2012

Quote:
Drdfrster64:
AD but her spells do magic damage?
With something as easily dispensible as minions having such a low count is pointless. It just becomes a generic ammo system then.
And theres no real good synergy or utilization with her souls. You gain no real benefit from getting max stacks other than a stronger ult which is only useable around every minute and a half.
And if you did make the soul count higher and then you become susceptible to smowballing negatively as well as positively.

As of now the only soul part of your champion is like the thematics of it. Its just an ammo count and thats disappointing as well as generic.

Does Renekton get a benefit from having 100 Fury? Nope. Do the ninjas get a benefit from having full energy? Nope.

You're encouraged to burn through your Soul count as best as you can in team fights.

As for her W dealing magic damage, it scales off AP. Master Yi's Q does the same, and it's not considered problematic. Shroud of Death is primarily meant for that shield and for giving Grolla stronger jungling power, while also giving her some damage that won't be immediately blunted by a Randuin's.

AD/AP hybrid items are actually not a bad choice on Grolla, such as Hextech Gunblade. Most people probably wouldn't go for them, but that doesn't mean they'd be useless.

LostLaneWonGame

11-18-2012

Seems fine.

Just her name makes me think of a gorilla every time I read it.

I understand that it's German but it still doesn't help with the appeal of the champ.

Youso1337

11-18-2012

Quote:
LostLaneWonGame:
Seems fine.

Just her name makes me think of a gorilla every time I read it.

I understand that it's German but it still doesn't help with the appeal of the champ.

Meh, can't be helped. =/

Her name is the same as her source from RKS.

Best LeeSinga NA

11-18-2012

that name...

cant fap op so no

Youso1337

11-18-2012

Quote:
Best LeeSinga NA:
that name...

cant fap op so no

=_=

Crowcaine

11-18-2012

bad, name is bad too.

Youso1337

11-19-2012

Quote:
Crowcaine:
bad, name is bad too.

And yours is SOOOOOO clever... *sarcasm*

Drugs are bad, m'kay? (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNbExvU42q4)

Youso1337

11-19-2012

Bump.

Yousonerfed

11-19-2012

More bump. Also changed up a few things: Grolla gets more Souls on kills/assists, but lost the "gains Souls on striking enemy Champions" part of her ultimate.

Makes those kills/assists more rewarding.