Enforcement of policy- BR hate - Summoners Code

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aflame

10-06-2010

Just saying, Brazilians are a race.

Commander Yordle

10-06-2010

Its still not racist to call them bad gamers, since its a fact not based on their race.

Anyways, going to bed. I'll pick this argument back up in the morning.

Bai~

^.=.^

saurabh

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lima Beans View Post
Yes, Hate speech is a bannable offence, including if its directed towards BR. report them and they will be banned.
Its happening on the forums. Here you cannot report, but you guys can see that.

Just a few mins back thr wasa 0/20 ryze brazilian post. Gunisoo replied in that, but did he ban him? no.
You guys need to become strict in that matter or its just gonna stay here forever.

ssyd

10-06-2010

Maybe if they didn't refuse to speak English in games except to insult their teammates people wouldn't be hating them. It's not entirely the bandwagon mentality causing this recent wave of dislike toward them.

I wouldn't say every Brazilian I've come across has been a detriment to the team. However, when two or three of them are premade, they tend to use the in-game chat as a Portuguese chat room and act like they think they're the only skilled players in LoL. Whereas a reasonable percentage of North Americans are like this, it seems like if two guys are speaking Portuguese to each other, they ALWAYS act like this.

Oh, and don't ever ask them to speak English. That really sets them off.

JudoPunch

10-06-2010

Replace BR with 'rude, feeding, obnoxious players' and you not only cover anyone from BR, but also the entire world.

I have had countless bad experiences with my own countrymen but never one bad one with some BR.

JudoPunch

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyd View Post
Maybe if they didn't refuse to speak English in games except to insult their teammates people wouldn't be hating them.
I can post a chat log from any game I play today with someone insulting someone, and Ill bet you they arnt BR.

ssyd

10-06-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by JudoPunch View Post
I can post a chat log from any game I play today with someone insulting someone, and Ill bet you they arnt BR.
That's not what I'm saying. I'm saying when they choose to speak English instead of Portuguese, it's generally only to berate others, not to coordinate. Who taught you reading comprehension?

Takalah

10-06-2010

I'm getting this fleeting feeling that BR's might be deemed "human".. but why?

Heathenl

10-06-2010

I dont think you can call it uninformed when people are citing experiences. Though I think the real meaning behind the talk was hijacked by actual racists and haters which is where we get the distorted view now.

SkyClaw

10-06-2010

Having qualms with certain attitudes more often seen in a certain nationality (or accused of such) is different then vicious bigotry. Most of the anti-BR stuff doesn't qualify as "hate speech", IMO.

I'm not saying I agree with those threads, but they certainly don't compare to, say, a KKK rally.

XXX are bad players, they always feed, and are rude. I wish they'd be off this server!

^Not hate speech.
Pretty big stereotyping, but I don't know that it should be bannable.

XXX are filthy, uneducated idiots! Hope they die and their country is nuked to hell!

^Hate speech.