Nami = Mermaid Janna

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bastilean

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Well, to be fair, we actually think Nami is a better name. But for purposes of trolling Classick, Romlariel is better. Since trolling Classick is not our primary objective with the champion, I'm OK going with Nami as the name.
When are you going to rename Volibear? I think Bjorn, Ragnar, Russ or Asgeir would all be good choices.

You didn't name Sejuani Pigrida.

Also, I like Nami.

zombieshotgun

11-16-2012

to those who say Nami is taken from One Piece, I ask you what about Lulu (i miss the moogle doll)

FistOf7Dragons

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerglinator View Post
so wait, people can take legal action against "romlariel"...

But they can't sue nami?
._.

10/10

Strawberrycocoa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryptomine View Post
Dunno, I know DIsney is more prolific but don't really care. The name Nami still bugs me on this champ for some reason. And I've never even seen One Piece or, really, much anime for the past several years, but its still popular enough for me to be aware of it.
Disney is also infamous for suing the **** out of people for any perceived infringement.

Dragull2

11-16-2012

You could have just called her Neris Agan.

bdawg001

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfectable View Post
Even though Zileas was kidding, Disney is one of the most notoriously litigious and vindictive companies in the entire world, while Shonen Jump are generally pretty laid back. Besides, it's almost impossible to bring suit against someone for their character having the same name as yours (as long as there aren't numerous other similarities)... unless you happen to be raging a-holes with billions of dollars to spend burying people in legal fees like Disney.
*woosh* And it sails right over your head.

HeyLPG

11-16-2012

At least Riot finally broke the female name trend of: Diana, Zyra and Syndra.

Vandevic

11-16-2012

Quote:
Well, to be fair, we actually think Nami is a better name. But for purposes of trolling Classick, Romlariel is better. Since trolling Classick is not our primary objective with the champion, I'm OK going with Nami as the name.
Could we request a champion that is built specifically to troll Morello at some point in the future? Or is that champion already Soraka.

Ginga

11-16-2012

So a reference to Ariel is no go because it's Disney, but directly taking Nami as a name from One Piece is okay? Not that it particularly bothers me, but it's just a little confusing how it's fine how direct a name like Nami is while Romnariel is more subtle about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm fine with either, just baffled. More importantly...

What if I told you that Ariel is also a common real world name and NOT invented by Disney?

Arcane Azmadi

11-16-2012

Quote:
Hate to break it to you, but Nami is a really stupid name for a champ in any way associated with the ocean. It's not a common name like Annie or Diana, but it's already engrained in the public consciousness as the pirate chick from One Piece.

I can't believe that never occurred to you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyLPG View Post
At least Riot finally broke the female name trend of: Diana, Zyra and Syndra.
...Elise.