Nami = Mermaid Janna

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

StriderXplosive

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Well, to be fair, we actually think Nami is a better name. But for purposes of trolling Classick, Romlariel is better. Since trolling Classick is not our primary objective with the champion, I'm OK going with Nami as the name.
Nami is not ONLY from one piece....It means WAVE or of GREAT REKNOWN. The same reason they named the One Piece character Nami. Why do you people still ***** about her being called Nami?

Anteka

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Well, to be fair, we actually think Nami is a better name. But for purposes of trolling Classick, Romlariel is better. Since trolling Classick is not our primary objective with the champion, I'm OK going with Nami as the name.
Romlariel Nami Skin... problem solved!!

StriderXplosive

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tryptomine View Post
I assure you that Creative was wrong and it is your moral imperative to make them acutely aware of this fact.

(And its not okay to be similar to Disney characters, but One Piece is fine?)
Nami means Wave....or of great reknown dude...how about you search out the meaning of the word before you start making stupid comments?

Arance

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by StriderXplosive View Post
Nami means Wave....or of great reknown dude...how about you search out the meaning of the word before you start making stupid comments?
Who cares? It could mean whatever it likes and it'd still be a stupid name in my opinion. Name meanings are an ancillary concern at best. How about you realize meaning has no correlation to opinion before you start making stupid comments?

Metalogyon

11-16-2012

I want her so badly +-+

Cerulean Laser

11-16-2012

Nautilus wont let you touch his woman that I can be sure of.

~Dredge Line incoming~

Cerulean Laser

11-16-2012

TSUnami

Imperfectable

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
So wait, people can take legal action against "Romlariel"...

but they can't Sue Nami?
Even though Zileas was kidding, Disney is one of the most notoriously litigious and vindictive companies in the entire world, while Shonen Jump are generally pretty laid back. Besides, it's almost impossible to bring suit against someone for their character having the same name as yours (as long as there aren't numerous other similarities)... unless you happen to be raging a-holes with billions of dollars to spend burying people in legal fees like Disney.

OgreSamanosuke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stark Midnight View Post
I hope you all realize that Nami was not invented in One Piece and that character was given the name Nami because it already has backstory with the sea.
Thank you for being one of the only intelligent people in this thread apparently. Nami's name in One Piece is because it's Japanese for "wave," which makes perfect sense for a friggin Mermaid to have.

Now if she were named Camie, you guys would all have a valid arguement. (And far less people would even know it was potentially taken from One Piece)

Absozero

11-16-2012

I'm gonna call her Aquata, Andrina, Arista, Attina, Adella, Alana... or, you know... Sushi.