Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Less Gold in New Jungle

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaburagi Kotetsu

Member

11-16-2012

There's something I don't understand about this ambient gold. Its the gold you get by doing nothing, right? Just letting time pass. Is that right? If so, wouldn't that change affect everyone and not only junglers? Or the gold we get from minions is less than before?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vrakus

Junior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Statikk:

So if Big Wolf used to gain +10 gold and +5 XP to its base rewards per minute, it would roughly now gain +15 gold and +7.5 XP now.


But what is the actual number? Big Wolf was not worth 200 gold 20 minutes into a match. Are you saying that the old 'bank' scaling was buffed by 50% and applies even when the camp is constantly cleared? That would seem to make jungle camps huge sources of gold late in the game, even more than creep waves. And that just means more of a buff to laners, as they will steal the camps.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-16-2012

Quote:
Kaburagi Kotetsu:
There's something I don't understand about this ambient gold. Its the gold you get by doing nothing, right? Just letting time pass. Is that right? If so, wouldn't that change affect everyone and not only junglers? Or the gold we get from minions is less than before?

Gold given from last hitting minions has also been reduced by a similar proportion to the jungle.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fox P McCloud

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
The scaling of both gold and experience per minute is currently set at ~+50%. These numbers are subject to change, but I want you guys to see if you can get a better idea.

So if Big Wolf used to gain +10 gold and +5 XP to its base rewards per minute, it would roughly now gain +15 gold and +7.5 XP now.


+50% base stats each time or +50% of the new value?

Ie: if the base is 100 gold and 100 experience, you'll get +50 to each teach time.

If it's the latter it would be +50 on both the first time, +75 the second time +112.5 the next time, and so on.


Also, can you see something arising where the jungle is considered the carry's resource mid game where he just farms it all day long (while others cover the lanes) because of the increased gold and exp?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kaburagi Kotetsu

Member

11-16-2012

I see, thanks!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Skury420

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Maybe we'll see the ADC and support jungling together as more viable then before.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Statikk

Live Balance Designer

11-16-2012

Quote:
Fox P McCloud:
+50% base stats each time or +50% of the new value?

Ie: if the base is 100 gold and 100 experience, you'll get +50 to each teach time.

If it's the latter it would be +50 on both the first time, +75 the second time +112.5 the next time, and so on.


Also, can you see something arising where the jungle is considered the carry's resource mid game where he just farms it all day long (while others cover the lanes) because of the increased gold and exp?

We only increased the gain per minute. The base is untouched and does not get multiplied just added to.

As far as carries transitioning to jungle farming, this may be the case, but even then they can't be everywhere (so you either clear other parts of the jungle or take the lane they abandoned) and if you have invested in jungle items you should be clearing more efficiently than they can.

We'll just have to see.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lazreal

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Buy the Avarice blade early... its so good from AD junglers like Hecarim and Shyvanna


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShadeeFan

Senior Member

11-16-2012

Quote:
Fox P McCloud:
+50% base stats each time or +50% of the new value?

Ie: if the base is 100 gold and 100 experience, you'll get +50 to each teach time.

If it's the latter it would be +50 on both the first time, +75 the second time +112.5 the next time, and so on.


Also, can you see something arising where the jungle is considered the carry's resource mid game where he just farms it all day long (while others cover the lanes) because of the increased gold and exp?


The way he had explained it means that if currently over a minute, a camp goes up by 10 gold and 10 exp, that with the PBE jungle itll instead go up by 15 gold and 15 exp.

Edit: Yeah he already re-explained it for the scaling again but the way he explained your 2nd question isn't quite what I was expecting, so ill just leave the lower part here.

Also on the last thing, the mid laner already takes wraiths pretty much all the time, since theres no reason to leave it up and they want the extra gold. One of the changes with the new jungle was that the big wraith's attack range is reduced and they were repositioned, meaning that the wraith wouldnt just sit around the corner, it would chase all the way out and the ap carry would have to move in closer instead of killing it over the wall only. So this is making it a bit harder for them to farm it, as well as they will have to take more damage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Viro Melchior

Recruiter

11-16-2012

Quote:
Statikk:
We only increased the gain per minute. The base is untouched and does not get multiplied just added to.

As far as carries transitioning to jungle farming, this may be the case, but even then they can't be everywhere (so you either clear other parts of the jungle or take the lane they abandoned) and if you have invested in jungle items you should be clearing more efficiently than they can.

We'll just have to see.


So far it seems that 2 major changes are occuring.

1) Homeguard boots increase the ability for a team to make a 'final stand'. But as they only give healing (at fountain) and move speed, they aren't going to be enough to let 1 guy devastate a team.

2) Increased mid and late game jungle value means that having the advantage will snowball gold faster due to double jungle access.