Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Getting tired of the Dota 2 trolls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

2pudge1cup

11-16-2012

i have 5 free keys.

in all seriousness though both games are good and if either game thinks the other isn't a threat then they are poor businesspeople.

in the end competition is good for us users. it pushes devs in both games to do a better job. league had no real competition for a while, now they do, and now you see major changes to a lot of the game's problems.

DarkTemplar99

11-16-2012

I support the OP, this dota2 game comes out of no where and people think it will surpass this game: The game that created the moba genre! League of legends has so much depth that I doubt valve doesn't even know. One example is last-hitting. If you time your gun right, you get gold, and so you have to never miss. It's really hard but if you are good you can get more gold than other people.

And to some people who disagree, I'm sure i represent more of what the lol community thinks, and the reason why lol will stay on top.

yoyowat

11-16-2012

Quote:
DarkTemplar99:
I support the OP, this dota2 game comes out of no where and people think it will surpass this game: The game that created the moba genre! League of legends has so much depth that I doubt valve doesn't even know. One example is last-hitting. If you time your gun right, you get gold, and so you have to never miss. It's really hard but if you are good you can get more gold than other people.

And to some people who disagree, I'm sure i represent more of what the lol community thinks, and the reason why lol will stay on top.

Well, to be fair, your name makes me think your more of a sc2 person than a MOBA guy.

But you know what they always say. Never judge a book by it's cover.

EddieJ

11-16-2012

Quote:
DarkTemplar99:

Is it autism? A recent lobotomy? Amnesia? Dementia?
not sure

But here are a few facts,

In the early early 2000's a custom sc1 game was created called Aon of Strife (the first "moba&quot

Its moved to wc3 as a custom game then picked up by Icefrog and Guinsoo, who make a game called Defense of the Ancients (dota) which in mid 2000 is updated and name changed to DotA Allstars.

In 2007 they begin work on LoL and in 2009 its released.

In 2010 the genre Moba is born because blizzard started work on a new moba...

The original game genre was actually callen am aos or in other words Aon of Strife.

If you ******* think LoL made the genre and has more depth than dota, then there %s a reason you are posting these absurdities, you clearly are 14 years old.

Leave the thread and your opinions don't matter if you are not educated.

/thread

ExplicitAdvisory

11-16-2012

Quote:
Yma Sumac:
wow huuuge riot fanboy

I bet you have never touched dota in your entire life and believe in the bull**** riot spews about them being the greatest game designers on the planet

I played Dota 1 back on Warcraft 3. I also have a Dota 2 account now for as long as I can remember. So cry more.

2pudge1cup

11-16-2012

Quote:
DarkTemplar99:

mmm now thats good satire