Can we please make this happen?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CgSquall

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-16-2012

Riot, in some way can we please make the community aware somehow of how in ranked games it's supposed to go in pick order, rather than almost being punished for being first pick?

For example, in a game just now (that I ended up queue dodging, as I didn't want to waste 20 minutes and lower my elo) I was first pick, so while I'm trying to do bans, the rest of my team spams "top, top, top, top, adc, adc, adc, adc, mid, I ONLY PLAY MID, and I'm going to jungle Zed."

So, that would've left me as support, which I am actually perfectly fine with playing, but after just saying "It's supposed to go in pick order, I'm actually a really bad support, willing to play it though, is there anyone else that would like to support, my best roles are top and adc" two of my teemmates said I was being a ****** and were going to troll because of it.

After picks and bans, we had an Irelia - Poppy - Sona - Lux - Tryndamere composition, with three of my team members constantly insulting me due to my insistence that it's supposed to go by pick order, and you're supposed to be flexible in Ranked queue, not spamming 15-20 lines of chat with the only role you're willing to play as quickly as possible.

Needless to say, I ended up dodging partially because I was already getting a headache and didn't seek to make it worse playing with a bunch of toxic twelve year olds.

Back to the point here: can we please make it somewhat more obvious that it's supposed to be in pick order, or you're supposed to be nice regarding what roles you prefer, because how it stands right now, I almost feel punished if I get first pick and I worry about actual bans right away, as I don't have time to quickly type "I prefer top or adc".

iainB85

11-16-2012

The summoner's code states something about in draft mode you should always pick something that meshes with your team well.

If these kind of cases I report these people at the end (win or lose) for refusing to communicate with team.

It sucks that it's often a loss in these scenarios, and you have to waste time and elo to get the report in, but it's about all you can do.

IMO -- the real priority for Riot should be getting lobby chat logs into the tribunal system. The vast majority of trolling I still see in League of Legends all happens in the champion select lobby, as they know it wont show up in the tribunal.

Tempestphile

11-16-2012

RIOT didn't make the meta, RIOT didn't force the meta on anyone

In fact, the NA meta was proven not the best when Asian / european teams sued another meta to destory.

And yes, NA is learning to adapt too

ChaosWookie

11-16-2012

+1 ~ I agree

Though, maybe do a "showcase" and put it as a short tutorial that you can see when trying to sign up for ranked?