Drawbacks to Vayne?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-14-2012

I've been looking around at ADCs in general, comparing them all to each other... Ezreal, Graves, Varus, Vayne, Ashe, even Corki...

And I'm trying to figure out why one wouldn't pick Vayne over the others. What drawbacks are there to her, relative to other ADCs? She gets a CC, bonus movespeed when going on the offensive, a damage boost skill, and of course an invis when she ults.

My favorite one is Ezreal, but he has none of those! :<

no nerves

11-14-2012

because he has no strong poke in lane, like ezreals mystic shot, or graves buckshot, or ashes volley, etc. the only thing like that is her tumble but it is nowhere near enough for a worth while exchange. she also lacks range and will often get poked down by good players. look at game 1 of TPA vs AZF in the world championships, woong kept bebe from last hitting and kept her out of lane with ezreals superior poke in lane. she also got zoned in teamfights and was one of the reason why they lost that game. late game vayne is INCREDIBLE, but she needs to farm and not get zoned like bebe did.

WCDireWolf

Recruiter

11-15-2012

Not to mention, Vayne is absolutely horrible early game. She's one of the worst level 1 champs.

Etherimp

11-15-2012

She has trouble in laning phase unless matched up with someone who can set up sweet condemns for her (like Alistar.)

Archadion

11-15-2012

Like everyone else said. She's a very "Pure" ADC; her abilities work by making her autoattacks better. That comes at a loss of skillshots. She has no way of checking bushes other than with her face, and she has no long-range harass/farm. Let's take Vayne vs Ezreal as an example. In terms of raw autoattack damage, Vayne wins. She has Tumble, Silver Bolts and her ultimate, while Condemn gives her a stun if she positions it right. That's great lategame.

Carries need a lot of farm earlygame to be effective, though. Ezreal counters Vayne there by having four damaging abilities. If Vayne pushes Ez back, he has his Q to still get some last hits, and his W to attack over minions and provide long-range harass. Vayne offers a LOT of lategame potential. But her skillset causes her earlygame to suffer. And if you're laning against a vaguely competent player using one of the big three ADCs...you won't get fed, and they will. And no amount of inherent lategame potential can beat a fed ADC. They scale with gold. So by the time Vayne gets to her most powerful, the Ez will have a full IE/PD/BT combo and will be killing her in two shots.

Matuk

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-15-2012

Hrm, that's certainly worth considering. I guess it could be said she also has no attack speed "steroids" either.

Jesot

11-15-2012

Her early game is rough, but she scales incredibly. In ranked and normals, she works great I'd you're safe, but in team play and tournaments, she tends to not fit the team objectives as well as other carries.

Paired with a Nunu, she is unstoppable.

Omni VII

11-15-2012

Haha no such thing as early game vayne sucks... JK. I have been playing vayne and lately I havent had trouble with vayne. I will give you her mastery page and items. Make sure you are bot with this build.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ve-vayne-90744

Remember, you have to know vayne enough (just all her moves and some combos)... I know this MAY not answer your question but I don't have a hard time Early game with this build. Different for everyone.

Rezo

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omni VII View Post
Haha no such thing as early game vayne sucks... JK. I have been playing vayne and lately I havent had trouble with vayne. I will give you her mastery page and items. Make sure you are bot with this build.

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...ve-vayne-90744

Remember, you have to know vayne enough (just all her moves and some combos)... I know this MAY not answer your question but I don't have a hard time Early game with this build. Different for everyone.
The opponents you are playing against are not skilled. As you progress you will eventually go against opponents that understand their position of power and will do their best to hinder your early game. If vayne did not have a weak early game she would be the #1 carry.

dirtysanchez1

11-16-2012

You are so vulnerable to crowd control it's sad.