How come all the canceled champs that were male, are now female...?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deeznuts3000

11-16-2012

Zyra was the plant king.

Nami was well the water wizard.

Elise was priscilla (more feminized)

I mean riot everyone loves boobs but come on... so many boob champions...

Deeznuts3000

11-16-2012

iainB85

11-16-2012

Because after the first pitch they were all sent back to the development team with a single sticky note for feedback. On this sticky note it simply said:

NEEDZ MOAR BOOBZ

Raburi

11-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
Because after the first pitch they were all sent back to the development team with a single sticky note for feedback. On this sticky note it simply said:

NEEDZ MOAR BOOBZ
Basically this, ESPECIALLY for the plant king. There's no REAL reason why we can't have more monsters/grotesque champions - Dota 2 has PLENTY. HOWEVER, in LoL, you pay for champions you want, they aren't all available, so Riot has to try to appeal to people and does so using cheap sexualisation of champions rather than actual, fleshed out designs that suit the champion's abilities or push the envelope.

They claim to have all this "data" surrounding what people want, but I'm sure that'd all be monster sales vs. boob sales, which of course is going to be skewed in favour of the sexualised champions due to the majority of them being mid champions and mid being one of the most popular roles vs. monsters largely being jungle champions.

If they created ONE champion and didn't care about how it sold and wanted purely to make it interesting, new and UNIQUE, they'd probably make a killing off of it. I know if there was a champion who looked like Puck or Death Prophet from DotA 2 in LoL, I'd buy them in a heartbeat.

EDIT: Also, they take the word of the forum trolls/teenagers who say "I WOULDN'T BUY UGLY CHAMPIONS" (their idea of "ugly" being: doesn't have boobs, and isn't a beefy, steroid enhanced man with a large weapon), so we all miss out.